5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Rear Power Outlets - Retro Fit? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/rear-power-outlets-retro-fit-6463/)

lotusdmc 01-19-2005 06:12 AM

Hi,

I've just purchased the nextbase tablet DVD player, does anyone know if the rear 12v power outlets can be retro fitted easily, or if the wiring is already in place?

Currently I have the storage cubby hole in the rear and it would be much easier to plug the DVD player into rear outlets.

Cheers

marty530d 01-19-2005 06:33 AM

I wouls also love this - I do seem to remember a recent post in which
somone took off the rear facia and reported that the wiring for the power outlets
was not there.

btw. If you search this forum you will find details of a rear mounting bracket
made by Brodit for between the front seats. I am just about to get a Nextbase
and also this bracket.

zippers525 01-19-2005 06:39 AM

I doubt there is wiring behind there. You may be able to tap into something. I know the phone cradle uses 12v (i think). I wonder if you could borrow power from there. If you lucky, there might be power there.

lotusdmc 01-19-2005 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Jan 19 2005, 10:33 AM
I wouls also love this - I do seem to remember a recent post in which
somone took off the rear facia and reported that the wiring for the power outlets
was not there.

btw. If you search this forum you will find details of a rear mounting bracket
made by Brodit for between the front seats. I am just about to get a Nextbase
and also this bracket.
[snapback]80729[/snapback]

I just got a pair of the latest nextbase tablets (SDV37A) from www.incardvd.uk.com, ordered on Friday and arrived this morning with two pairs of dual channel IR headphones, all up for ?520. :wow:

About to order the brodit brackets following Dr Diesels advise :thumbsup: , for the e60 and the wifes car.....Apparrently the latest tablets have the rear slot for mounting so you can keep the battery units installed therfore no trailing power cables. Will confirm this when I get home.

Iceman 01-19-2005 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by lotusdmc' date='Jan 19 2005, 04:12 PM
Hi,

I've just purchased the nextbase tablet DVD player, does anyone know if the rear 12v power outlets can be retro fitted easily, or if the wiring is already in place?

Currently I have the storage cubby hole in the rear and it would be much easier to plug the DVD player into rear outlets.

Cheers
[snapback]80719[/snapback]

There is definately no wiring!
I wanted to have additional power outlets too, and there are no wires!

I had my dealer install an additional power outlet in my passenger footwell, next to the AUX Input. I don't remember how much it was, but it wasn't cheap. Putting it in the rear center console is even more labour, so it will be more expensive.

Don Juan 01-19-2005 09:02 AM

Pictures please of those DVD players.. :) .. I have been contemplating in installing an aftermarket one in the middle of the roof where the lights are and remove that whole plastic console.. not sure

zippers525 01-20-2005 04:56 AM

I think BMW makes one. Check the accessory catalogue.