E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Rainy Day Photoshoot with new rims!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! Been driving around with my new 167 and coilovers for a week now. I love them! It took me a while to take some pictures because my car was filthy and it been threatening to rain in CA all week. I purposely left my car outside last night so the rain would wash my car. Hehe. Anyways, I did a quick rainy day photoshoot. Here are the pictures, enjoy! (BTW looks stunning in person)

Once the chick who rearended me pays up, M-aero kit!! w00t.

Also I need some advice. I'm going to get my alignment in a few weeks so I'm going to adjust the height of my car. The front is tucked and I like it. (I can't even stick my finger in the wheel well at all! Not even at an angle!) The rear however is not. I can fit one finger in at an angle and can BARELY squeeze 2 fingers in.Visibly, from far away, it looks like 1inch gap. When you get up closer the gap is roughly half an inch. I'm thinking about dropping it .25-.75 inches. What do you guys think?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Finally, it's about time you posted pics.

I like to leave a little room in the front and back for when the tires get compressed. Make sure the alignment is done to BMW specs. The BMW tuner shop I took mine to to get lowered screwed up the alignment which cause premature wear of my tires. After I got my new tires, I took it to San Diego BMW to get it re-aligned.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:43 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

looks stunning not in person too! nice house too!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

looks stunning

Front is good.As you said the rear needs to be dropped a little
Congrats.very nice mods
Old 02-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looking good.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='390172' date='Feb 11 2007, 12:42 PM
Finally, it's about time you posted pics.

I like to leave a little room in the front and back for when the tires get compressed. Make sure the alignment is done to BMW specs. The BMW tuner shop I took mine to to get lowered screwed up the alignment which cause premature wear of my tires. After I got my new tires, I took it to San Diego BMW to get it re-aligned.

Thanks guys for the comments!

I'm getting my alignment done at Ef1 Motorsports. He's a cool guy and if he messes up, he'll take care of me.

The front I put some weight on it and no issues. Go over bumps and all, no problem. The rear, I haven't experienced full load yet. But I'm sure if I did, the wheels would go under the fender and not rub. (15mm spacers would have made me rub)

The gap in the rear bugs me from far away. It just looks so big. But when I look closely the gap is only an inch.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Really nice looking wheels and car
Old 02-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Contributors

THanks for all the love guys.

I saw powdercoated black m6 rims on an M6 the other day at Fletcher Jones Mercedes. Didn't look half bad.

I might powdercoat mine blue.

jkjk
Old 02-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Mike,
What neighborhood did you say you lived in again and how often do you leave your ride out?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

nice house. you live in irvine? oh the wheells look awesome on the car!!!

Quick Reply: Rainy Day Photoshoot with new rims!