E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quick Mod Pix

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 PM
ObD
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Simple mods for not a lot of cash.

Exterior: My sleeper look: Black grills, Invisbulbs, Carbon Wheel Caps.

Work in progress: Winter wheels are still on. Summers will be on Saturday. Carbon roundels and de-badging next week. Amber bumper reflectors to be painted in August when the trunk finisher gets painted and added.

Cheap exterior mod of the day: Black chrome exhaust tips from an E53 X5

Got these off of flea-bay for cheap. They looked like they would fit from the picture and shazam ... no issues, slide right on. It's really not that black. It's more like a polarized dark gray tint. In the shadows it does look black. I'll get these powder coated flat black at some point but I'm happy with result for now.

Interior: My personalized M Sport Interior: M perforated leather shift knob and e-brake handle, M steering wheel trim

I hated the pearl glaze chrome on the steering wheel. Bought the M sport trim and swapped it. I loved the M perforated leather and weighted short shift knob in my E90. The shift boot trim ring did not fit the E60. Bought a new E60 shift boot for the plastic trim ring. Swapped rings. Fits like a champ. Perforated matching e-brake handle was swapped with the stock handle. No issues. Interior is done.

Also dumped the spare and jack hardware in the trunk and added the storage bits. Probably dropped 25 lbs. No pix.

In keeping with my sleeper mantra, my big mod is going to be light weight wheels and tires. Saving my pennies.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

NICE!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Contributors

Looks good. Those exhaust tips are a nice touch.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Contributors

nice and simple mods i like it
Old 04-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Well done.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Looks good, you getting any engine/performance mods to compliment the light weight wheels
Old 04-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looks good
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Thanks to all for the kind words. An exterior theme was my first idea and I decided on silver and black for colors and to purge all the exterior amber and chrome. Wanted to keep the body work to a minimum since that just leads to more body work. I 'm happy with the stock LCI look. Trunk finisher will the first body mod and that's to cover the chrome keyhole.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='848634' date='Apr 15 2009, 08:47 PM
Looks good, you getting any engine/performance mods to compliment the light weight wheels

Once I'm out of waranty, I will. I'm hoping BMW comes up with their own tune for the 535i. JB+ is my other preference ... but then I want a BT cable, and a boost guage, and an oil temperature guage, and an RPI exhaust, ... bling bling. I'm fairly happy with the stock performance. I was keeping up with a new M3 the other day. The M3 was attracting all kind of attention with its exhaust. I was silently following and not fading away.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by ObD' post='848724' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks to all for the kind words. An exterior theme was my first idea and I decided on silver and black for colors and to purge all the exterior amber and chrome. Wanted to keep the body work to a minimum since that just leads to more body work. I 'm happy with the stock LCI look. Trunk finisher will the first body mod and that's to cover the chrome keyhole.

Once I'm out of waranty, I will. I'm hoping BMW comes up with their own tune for the 535i. JB+ is my other preference ... but then I want a BT cable, and a boost guage, and an oil temperature guage, and an RPI exhaust, ... bling bling. I'm fairly happy with the stock performance. I was keeping up with a new M3 the other day. The M3 was attracting all kind of attention with its exhaust. I was silently following and not fading away.

nice, the jb+ is nice...I compare it to an SB, with actual HP gains I am also waiting to see how the performace mods from BMW will look...but I also read that RPI is currently testing the N54 PC tune out on a 335i and I believe dbae1978 is going to flash his ecu as well....if you are going to get a BT anyway...go ahead and get a piggyback for now, and no worries about warranty

either way...happy motoring
Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Mods look great man. I like your interior. Those tips....I need a pair of those...found em on ebay....did you just reuse the clips from the stock tips or did they come with clamps or something? Thanks man! Looks great.

Quick Reply: Quick Mod Pix