E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Question for those with BMW ipod kits...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

I had my dealer install a 2nd generation M.O.S.T. BMW ipod kit prior to taking delivery. There has been some controversy since the installation of the ipod kit requires the removal of the glovebox CD changer. I think that is why the cd changer became optional recently (now the Logic 7 is $1,200 and you can add a $600.00 changer, whereas before Logic 7 came w/changer for $1,800.00). So, I love my ipod and I ordered my car without a cd changer. However, there are two disc slots in the dash, one for the Navigation DVD and another for CD/MP3 disc.

My in-dash CD player won't play! I'm curious whether the dealership did something wrong when they installed the ipod kit. I understand loosing a cd changer in the trunk, but why the cd in dash? I wonder if the in-dash unit could be 'plugged in' to the AUX input (which now goes to the jack in the back of the armrest)?

I'm hoping someone will tell me that they have an ipod kit like mine in their E60 and they haven't lost use of the in-dash CD player. I'd like to be able to listen to a CD on the way home from the music store...

As always, thanks for any help. One of the best things about buying a 5 has been this board. You guys rock!

DRP
Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring back to dealer. In-dash CD must work. I have iPod adapter installed and everything works fine.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In dash CD player, DVD player (NAV or MP3 DVD) and MOST bus iPod adapter work in my '07 E60. Dealer may have done something wrong but I'm not sure how. Either way it's not working as intended.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='356461' date='Nov 15 2006, 02:46 PM
I had my dealer install a 2nd generation M.O.S.T. BMW ipod kit prior to taking delivery. There has been some controversy since the installation of the ipod kit requires the removal of the glovebox CD changer. I think that is why the cd changer became optional recently (now the Logic 7 is $1,200 and you can add a $600.00 changer, whereas before Logic 7 came w/changer for $1,800.00). So, I love my ipod and I ordered my car without a cd changer. However, there are two disc slots in the dash, one for the Navigation DVD and another for CD/MP3 disc.

My in-dash CD player won't play! I'm curious whether the dealership did something wrong when they installed the ipod kit. I understand loosing a cd changer in the trunk, but why the cd in dash? I wonder if the in-dash unit could be 'plugged in' to the AUX input (which now goes to the jack in the back of the armrest)?

I'm hoping someone will tell me that they have an ipod kit like mine in their E60 and they haven't lost use of the in-dash CD player. I'd like to be able to listen to a CD on the way home from the music store...

As always, thanks for any help. One of the best things about buying a 5 has been this board. You guys rock!

DRP
I have exactly what you have and my in dash CD player works. It should work, they messed something up. Bring it back.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2003 x5 4.4

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='356461' date='Nov 15 2006, 01:46 PM

DRP
Your dealer did something wrong. Like you, I ordered my car without a CD Changer. i pruchased the ipod adapter and installed it myself. The dealer the reprogrammed iDrive to recognize the iPOd. to use my single cd player i just go to CD1. CD2 - 6 are for the Ipod.