E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Question about front tow cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about front tow cover

Someone stole my tow cover earlier this summer and i finally had some time to buy another one. I have an M5tech front bumper from Umnitza so i went ahead and ordered an M5 front bumper tow cap, received the order, went to the body shop to paint it without testing the fitment (yeah that was stupid of me), picked it up today and only to find out it's smaller and it won't fit.

This is the part # that i ordered: (number 10 on the list)

RealOEM.com BMW E60 M5 M FRONT BUMPER TRIM PANEL

Anyone knows what the correct part is that i need to order?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:16 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: na

Umnitzas might be different
Old 09-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

funny thing (perhaps a good thing too) is that the guy that stole it probably found out the cover doesn't fit on his car either!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Umnitza is more than likely different. You might give them a call and they just happen to have a spare one sitting around somewhere. Their bumper is obviously not OEM, so things like this often will not fit. I ordered a set of M5 splitters and there was nothing I could do to get them to install because the geometry of the non oem is way off. You don't notice this until you go to put something on it that is for oem. Hopefully they can help you out.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by west
funny thing (perhaps a good thing too) is that the guy that stole it probably found out the cover doesn't fit on his car either!
Yeah maybe he had an M5 of the same color and i hope it didn't fit on his car

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Umnitza is more than likely different. You might give them a call and they just happen to have a spare one sitting around somewhere. Their bumper is obviously not OEM, so things like this often will not fit. I ordered a set of M5 splitters and there was nothing I could do to get them to install because the geometry of the non oem is way off. You don't notice this until you go to put something on it that is for oem. Hopefully they can help you out.
I did message them and they said to go ahead and order the M5 cover.. I never knew there would be much difference on geometry wise between the replicas and oems but i learned my lesson it's worth going oem once and never have to worry about it
Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I agree, that would really suck to have to replace your bumper just because the cover is missing. I personally find that totally unacceptable for Umnitza OR Trinity to even think about selling bumpers and not having access to simple replacement parts such as a bumper cover! I am sure they could contact their source in China and request a few replacements. In fact, I know of someone who purchased a bumper and they forgot to send the cover and after a phone call they had it the next week. How bad off is the cover, I mean can it be modified to fit in some way?
Old 09-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We emailed the customer, if we have a spare one, we'll send it to him free.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Now that's customer service!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

550NYC - we found one, just need you to inform us who you are and what address to send to. Sent you a PM but no reply yet.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Now that's customer service!
+1

Kudos to Matt and Tim on handling business.

Quick Reply: Question about front tow cover