E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quad Exhaust Decision

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I'm currently driving a e60 523 Lci on remus exhaust.

I've recently bought a m5 rear bumper and im looking for a quad exhaust.

However, did many search through many websites and forums but still can't get
to a decision on which to get. I've even browsed through youtube to hear all of the
exhaust sound. And i'm aware that its different hearing it through real life and through
the computer.

Ok, my main concern is that im looking for a loud, but bassy exhaust muffler.

As its almost impossible to find my exact car with all the different mufflers to hear for myself,
i'm hoping that those guys who've heard the different brands of exhaust to give me some advice.

Im currently contemplating between the following few choices,

1) Remus Powersound
2) Borla
3) Arqray
4) Eisenmann Race

I hope that you guys can give me good advice on which to get as i would not like to make a wrong
choice and end up spending extra money.

Thanks Alot,
Mark
Old 04-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by marklim' post='555264' date='Apr 3 2008, 02:13 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm currently driving a e60 523 Lci on remus exhaust.

I've recently bought a m5 rear bumper and im looking for a quad exhaust.

However, did many search through many websites and forums but still can't get
to a decision on which to get. I've even browsed through youtube to hear all of the
exhaust sound. And i'm aware that its different hearing it through real life and through
the computer.

Ok, my main concern is that im looking for a loud, but bassy exhaust muffler.

As its almost impossible to find my exact car with all the different mufflers to hear for myself,
i'm hoping that those guys who've heard the different brands of exhaust to give me some advice.

Im currently contemplating between the following few choices,

1) Remus Powersound
2) Borla
3) Arqray
4) Eisenmann Race

I hope that you guys can give me good advice on which to get as i would not like to make a wrong
choice and end up spending extra money.

Thanks Alot,
Mark

================================================== =============

Hello Mark,

I have a e60 530i and I am doing the very same thing you are. Right now my 530i is at the Paint & Body shop getting a new BMW OEM M5 rear bumper. Now for the quad exhust. I have a friend name Patrick Dowling at Baverian Autosport that told me about the REMUS quad that Baverian Autosport has in stock for just: $899.99 + $25.00 S&H that comes with a lifetime warranty. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)

I am having that put on tomorrow and I will now how it looks and sound hopefully by tomorrow evening, and keep check back here for pic if your interested in seeing the REMUS QUAD on a BMW OEM e60 M5 rear bumper.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley

CLICK ON: http://www.bavauto.com/
Attached Thumbnails Quad Exhaust Decision-clip_image004ma19761825_0010.jpg  
Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

I saw a few post about M5 bumper diffuser being burnt a bit by the quad setups as the tips are not sticking out as much or something to do with the width or fitment, will this remus avoid doing that? Keep us posted on the matter, I am also planning to do something similar!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Senior Members

We have pictures of our QUAD on an M5 rear bumper.
Email us for pictures.

We'll beat ANY prices out there.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='555277' date='Apr 2 2008, 11:30 PM

Hello Mark,

I have a e60 530i and I am doing the very same thing you are. Right now my 530i is at the Paint & Body shop getting a new BMW OEM M5 rear bumper. Now for the quad exhust. I have a friend name Patrick Dowling at Baverian Autosport that told me about the REMUS quad that Baverian Autosport has in stock for just: $899.99 + $25.00 S&H that comes with a lifetime warranty. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)

I am having that put on tomorrow and I will now how it looks and sound hopefully by tomorrow evening, and keep check back here for pic if your interested in seeing the REMUS QUAD on a M5 rear bumper!!

Hope this helps!!

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley

From that picture, it doesn't look as you will get even exhaust flow out of both sides...Which will look funny on a cold day/night when you have more exhaust coming out of the left side than the right side
Old 04-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

We understand the concerns however none of our customers who have installed this particular exhaust have reported this problem as the right side pipe is fully functional, it is not a dummy pipe.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by RemusExhaustShop' post='555384' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:21 AM
We understand the concerns however none of our customers who have installed this particular exhaust have reported this problem as the right side pipe is fully functional, it is not a dummy pipe.
Yeah I can see that its not a dummy pipe, and you will get some flow of exhaust, but it just doesn't look to be equal to the amount coming out of the left side. I have not seen this exhaust system in person..I'm just stating this by observation of the picture, Remus is a very reputable company, so I'm sure they most likely figured out a way of doing it...
Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Members

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, have you fitted the exhaust ?

Hope you don't mind posting the pics here ! And its sure a good price you paid for it !

Cheers,
Mark

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='555277' date='Apr 3 2008, 03:30 PM

Hello Mark,

I am having that put on tomorrow and I will now how it looks and sound hopefully by tomorrow evening, and keep check back here for pic if your interested in seeing the REMUS QUAD on a M5 rear bumper!!

Hope this helps!!

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley

Old 04-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Members

Yeah, i was thinking that the exhaust gas might not be even on both sides too. However, what exhaust
are you running on ? looks like the eisenmann tips ? and how did you tint your rear lights ? is it complete
black ? or only partially ?

thanks,
mark

Originally Posted by ImSort0fABigDeal' post='555378' date='Apr 3 2008, 11:13 PM
From that picture, it doesn't look as you will get even exhaust flow out of both sides...Which will look funny on a cold day/night when you have more exhaust coming out of the left side than the right side
Old 04-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Members

can you post the picture of the quad on a m5 bumper here?

thanks,
mark

Originally Posted by RemusExhaustShop' post='555366' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:55 PM
We have pictures of our QUAD on an M5 rear bumper.
Email us for pictures.

We'll beat ANY prices out there.

Quick Reply: Quad Exhaust Decision