E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Quad Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

great job and idea Don

looks great.Just a question out of curiosity.

Why didnt you place the left muffler in the normal horizontal position like OEM and you mounted it vertically.I mean there is space on the left side.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Gone Waiting

Good Job
Old 01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='372392' date='Dec 30 2006, 02:20 PM
great job and idea Don

looks great.Just a question out of curiosity.

Why didnt you place the left muffler in the normal horizontal position like OEM and you mounted it vertically.I mean there is space on the left side.
Because the one in the right needed to be that way. For looks its better for both to look the same. I could have opted to intall the tubular ones but he just atached to the exhaust pipe without weldingin it for me to hear and was to lous.
I will post more pictures and clips when i get my car back. Still at the dealership becasue the CIP program crashed twice when uploading it
so have I have been driving a X3 3.0si not bad and actually served good as i needed to buy a bunch of stuff from home depot and some plants
Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Members

Nice and 4 a good price
Old 01-02-2007, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Not bad and very good value for money. I'm keen to listen to the result though - something similar to daytrader's setup ? He's done a custom job like you as well.

PS. is that also a custom x-pipe ? - I see the the 2 exhausts but fail to see the 2 extra tubular silencers you mention...
Old 01-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by andy545' post='372967' date='Jan 2 2007, 10:45 AM
Not bad and very good value for money. I'm keen to listen to the result though - something similar to daytrader's setup ? He's done a custom job like you as well.

PS. is that also a custom x-pipe ? - I see the the 2 exhausts but fail to see the 2 extra tubular silencers you mention...
I have not seen daytrader's car though.... the X-pipe was a part he has in stock. he did not make it, it came that way. the additional silencers are not seen on the pic because I installed them a few day after this pictures. as soon as i get my car back I will post more pics...my SA just called me and my car computer crashed again when doing the CIP upgrade ...they have open a Puma ticket to BMW and waiting response..AYAYAYYYY....maybe it gets easier for them to swao my 550 for an M5...who knows ...wishful thinking
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Check buddy ! awaiting eagerly to see and hear !
Old 01-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

Originally Posted by Don Juan' post='372904' date='Jan 2 2007, 01:53 AM
Because the one in the right needed to be that way. For looks its better for both to look the same. I could have opted to intall the tubular ones but he just atached to the exhaust pipe without weldingin it for me to hear and was to lous.
I will post more pictures and clips when i get my car back. Still at the dealership becasue the CIP program crashed twice when uploading it
so have I have been driving a X3 3.0si not bad and actually served good as i needed to buy a bunch of stuff from home depot and some plants

Looks GREAT man!! Please publish the muffler specs (size, brand, model if able) and the tips too so others like me can get our local exhaust experts to duplicate... Looking forward to hear the sound too- Post soon friend...

Cheers.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I SPORT. BLACK BEAUTY. HEADS UP, NAVI,AC SCHNITZER ROOF SPOILER, TRUNK LIP SPOILER, 20 IN AXIS PENTA (NOW PAINTED BLACK). M-TECH KIT, EIBACH SPORTS.

Originally Posted by Don Juan' post='372993' date='Jan 2 2007, 12:09 PM
I have not seen daytrader's car though.... the X-pipe was a part he has in stock. he did not make it, it came that way. the additional silencers are not seen on the pic because I installed them a few day after this pictures. as soon as i get my car back I will post more pics...my SA just called me and my car computer crashed again when doing the CIP upgrade ...they have open a Puma ticket to BMW and waiting response..AYAYAYYYY....maybe it gets easier for them to swao my 550 for an M5...who knows ...wishful thinking
Hey Don Juan, where in So. Fl. do you live? What shop did your exhaust system? Very anxious to do the same mod. Are you close to Doral, Fl.?
Old 02-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AXIS530' post='388187' date='Feb 6 2007, 08:48 PM
Hey Don Juan, where in So. Fl. do you live? What shop did your exhaust system? Very anxious to do the same mod. Are you close to Doral, Fl.?
HI there,
no Im west of Fort lauderdale very north of you but I had to go all the way south todo it. Miami muffler is the one that did it before to all myc ars and i completely forgot about them. they do so many high end cars there...they have all the machines there to bend the exhust pipes as you car needs without any additional cuts. very very good job.
I need to get the specs of y install so you can see but the pics are posted already. I need to post more details and a sound clip, but have been traveling andnow im in phoenix for another day...

Quick Reply: Quad Exhaust