E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

prospective mods for my 06 530i

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i premium and sport package. all stock for now... :/

i have recently gotten an 06 530i, has a sports package and the premium package too. its an auto but no biggie. this is my first post s well as my first BMW. no i have a tendency to buy vehicles that are really difficult to mod. i would like to lower it with the Rd kit, but i do believe this will void my warranty.... i would like to get some chrome mesh rims... my cars black and pics soon..... with a big lip in the rear and smaller lip in the front, also heard this may void my warranty? i would like to put the m5 bumper on. as far as the show, thats it, now for the go... i would like to put a turbo kit on, better exhaust and have really no clue as to who to go with, also if it voids my warranty then i think it al might have to wait... i have heard alot of jargon being thrown around as to the lci and pre- lci. what is it, im figuring something about lights which is another thing that i like to mod. any suggestions guys, who to go with for all this stuff. im in north county san diego. hope to hear from you guys on this.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by captainkirks5
i have recently gotten an 06 530i, has a sports package and the premium package too. its an auto but no biggie. this is my first post s well as my first BMW. no i have a tendency to buy vehicles that are really difficult to mod. i would like to lower it with the Rd kit, but i do believe this will void my warranty.... i would like to get some chrome mesh rims... my cars black and pics soon..... with a big lip in the rear and smaller lip in the front, also heard this may void my warranty? i would like to put the m5 bumper on. as far as the show, thats it, now for the go... i would like to put a turbo kit on, better exhaust and have really no clue as to who to go with, also if it voids my warranty then i think it al might have to wait... i have heard alot of jargon being thrown around as to the lci and pre- lci. what is it, im figuring something about lights which is another thing that i like to mod. any suggestions guys, who to go with for all this stuff. im in north county san diego. hope to hear from you guys on this.
welcome and good luck in modding
u came in the right forum for that, post pics
so we can all help u better
here is the link to my 3 month modding started on march 2011-till present
enjoy
https://5series.net/forums/topic/113...1#entry1347403
Old 07-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

Good luck on modding
Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Members

My Ride: [img]http://precisionclan.com/modules/DFG_Photo_Host/files/AL_GORE/stigfinal.png[/img]

How long till ur warranty is up?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DasStig525i
How long till ur warranty is up?
my cpo warranty goes til next month, my bumper to bumper is 100k miles 6 yrs and i just bought it along with the free oil changes and stuff and i have an inside and outside appearance protection plan too. sorry for the crappy pic but i had to get one up here
Old 07-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Members

well ,my pic was too big for the loader..... i went up to Tusting yesterday to "Trinity Autosport" and thanks for all the help up there.... definitely have to save some pennies for my supercharger. Joe i believe it was, sir you have one sick ass m5. thanks for all your help yesterday and hopefully soon we can get something goin.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Members

well, here she is and these are my rims i am deciding between.... im leaning towards the black ones
Attached Thumbnails prospective mods for my 06 530i-img_3345.jpg   prospective mods for my 06 530i-photo-1-.jpg   prospective mods for my 06 530i-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Members

i was also wandering about wheel size.... im gonna go with a 19' rim but for the width, the tire guy wants to do a 9.5 in the rear and an 8.5 in the front... i think i can go wider... whats the widest i can go without having to roll fenders. id like to go x10 in the rear and x9.5 or 9 in the fornt..... advice please!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Depending on the offset but you definitely can go 9.5 up front and 10 in rear. I suggest going 8.5 up front and 10 rear if you get those sick concave style.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

Didn't see those pics before I replied. With those style, either one is fine but get 10 rear and possibly push it out with a spacer unless you're planning to lower your ride in the future.

Quick Reply: prospective mods for my 06 530i