E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Projector60s are coming along nicely

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
So $650 for a set of headlights with orion v2 installed?

are the headlights oem? euro with clear side lens?
They are originally an aftermarket headlight - not built for anything but a retrofit. You can't easily buy them on eBay or on the web in general. We had them delivered to us special - not to say the manufacturer can't deliver to others, but this is a one time one off for us exclusively for now.

Originally Posted by sachal007
650 is not a bad price, if they are OES, with orions, and FX-R projectors.
They are with FXR V2 projectors but can be configured for less or more depending on the the type of projector and/or shroud chosen.
We recommend the E46 shroud or no shroud for now.

Originally Posted by Kaizen
What color are the eyebrows? Any chance that they come in white as well as amber?
They are currently amber, we may be offering an upgrade to white for an extra fee. However the good news for you all is that if you choose to do the changing yourselves, the headlights bake open and don't require cutting.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Why can't they fit LCI? My LCI is halogen. Members can swap pre lci>lci headlights. Any way is this possible?
They can't fit because they have Pre-LCI plugs. So you'd have to reconfigure all your plugs for them to work. Fitment wise, of course they fit, but otherwise, no.

Originally Posted by sachal007
i wonder if they are using 2.5 inch projectors? they seem kind of small
The projectors are larger than that. Don't have the measurements here but they are listed on the site in the projectors section for the FXR V2.0
Old 11-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jvme60
Looks like cheap made in china headlights
And that they aren't. They are originally made in Taiwan, but fully remanufactured here in the US. They are like the Toyota Tundra in this respect, lots of parts from around the world, but made in USA
Originally Posted by wi8123
I cant seem to locate these on your website...Are they officially out for sale? Also I have pre lci adaptive xenon headlights with d2s bulbs will these work?
They are officially on pre-order for the price on the site. All preorders will be available for shipping by Jan 10th latest but likely December 20th roughly.

Originally Posted by devildawg712
I got to see their prototype headlights prior to the build process a couple weeks back and they didn't look bad. They came without the projectors obviously, but the Euro corner looks pretty good. They asked to do a test fit on my car but I just didn't have the time so I passed.

I have no clue about fitment or how well the projectors will work but at face value they looked near OE quality.
They are just like our Projector39 Hella Type units, OE quality fit and finish throughout.
Here's how our P39s look on an M5:

Originally Posted by BLaCk aBi
Would like to see more pics and test fitted to some ones car im very interested
We will get some as soon as all 4 headlights are finished for existing pre-orders and we get another drop in visitor for them by end of next week.

Originally Posted by wi8123
Thank you for the link. It seems a little confusing though because they do not really specify if you have to add the oe xenon 5w option or do they come with xenons standard? Also they stated that these were priced at 650 but on the site it's 699 plus 199 to add that xenon feature? My car is a 2004 pre lci xenon adaptive what do I need to Order here? And how much????
They come standard with Canbus 35W and FXR V2.0 and Orion V2. $650 is the pre-order price for them right now and you will just wait, otherwise, the final ready out the door price will be more. If you have pre-LCI xenon adaptive, these are not the lights for you. You will lose adaptive etc. These are intended entirely for the halogen 2004-2007 buyers who don't want to pay $1500 for a set of OE xenon lights.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Would it be possible to buy these from you with the HIDs, but without the Orions?
Old 11-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

I already have a set of H7 HIDs in my pre-LCI halogens low beams, I assume I can just put those into these new healdights?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kinda sucks that these wont work for xenon/adaptive lights :thumbsdown: I wouldnt even mind losing my adaptive function as long as no errors but ehhhhhhh search continues for headlights
Old 11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor

Halogen/Incandescent lights don't have adaptive or auto-level, so that is why these lights don't have it.
We may press depending on how successful these are with a version for active and auto level but it's not on the table yet.

We have no plans to offer without Orion V2.
They will accept only D2S, not H7.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

That would be fine too as long they come with the D2S bulbs + balasts.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

Are there any other photos? Perhaps of some forum members installs?
The lens in the photos above looks really small compared to OEMs.

==>

Can it be gotten in a bigger size?
Old 12-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor

We are exploring using the EVO-X lenses, but they are a lot more expensive at almost $60 more.
We should have photos on a car next week.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i

im excited for the finished product !!!! hurry

Quick Reply: Projector60s are coming along nicely