E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Preview pic of the new rimz :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009 | 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='836135' date='Apr 4 2009, 08:35 AM
I'm glad I went back to this thread after your edit. I'll keep this brief as I was just telling a friend that my New Year's resolution was to avoid petty arguments. I've engaged in a few on here in the past, and regret doing so. I have apologized to the members of the forum for wasting their time previously, and do not plan on doing so again.

So let me get this straight, you call me and several members of the forums liars and expect no response at all. How would you react? I think that question has been answered.

The entire time you've been on this forum, you've acted like nothing more than a common ethnocentric; it's always someone else's fault. I do not know what drives your anger. Premature balding, erectile dysfunction, abusive childhood? You burn a lot of energy on hate. You claim high intelligence, but act like an ignorant thug.

I am a professionally employed, reasonably educated person. I have been in enough altercations in various parts of the world to know that rarely does anything good come of it. I fight to defend myself, and I have been trained to do so. However, I will not set myself up for a lawsuit. This is not the first time I've been baited, but I learned my lesson early on regarding that. I know it empowers you to throw down the gauntlet. Enjoy the hollow satisfaction it brings.

I have a beautiful wife and career to consider, which are far more important than winning any pissing contest with someone of your ilk. You're not even worth the frequent flyer miles. If you want to discuss this further, just PM me. There's no reason to waste the entire forum's time with this ill-placed bravado.

well stated Cal....nice to see some members still know how to conduct themselves on this forum....

agreed how some members here claim to be professionals outside of this forum, yet they continue to represent themselves otherwise here.

rogerj, IMO the confrontational attitude is getting old...we are here to discuss e60's. Off-topics in the lounge should not carry over aggression into other parts of this forum. As Cal stated, if you want to continue any discussion, utilize the PM function, as you did with me....

Now BTT:

Mark..rims look good, but 19" wheels with a lip will look better with a drop, of course this is only my opinion, your taste/preference as always takes precedence Happy motoring
Old 04-04-2009 | 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='836135
Very nice Mark, looking great. Nice contrast on the car
Old 04-04-2009 | 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='836135
well stated Cal....nice to see some members still know how to conduct themselves on this forum....

agreed how some members here claim to be professionals outside of this forum, yet they continue to represent themselves otherwise here.

rogerj, IMO the confrontational attitude is getting old...we are here to discuss e60's. Off-topics in the lounge should not carry over aggression into other parts of this forum. As Cal stated, if you want to continue any discussion, utilize the PM function, as you did with me....

Now BTT:

Mark..rims look good, but 19" wheels with a lip will look better with a drop, of course this is only my opinion, your taste/preference as always takes precedence Happy motoring

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='836180' date='Apr 4 2009, 11:49 AM
Well said Calvin. I think our time's better spent ignoring trolls such as this and ynottony. It gets old after a while.
If everyone would just do the same, then their [rogerj and ynottony's] existence on the forums is reduced to nothing.

Like I said ...
+1 I like the wheels, looking good. Like Gene said I also think 19's with a lip look much better with a drop as well.

+1 Don't feed the trolls(rojerj+ynottony) and they will starve or become the next contestant on wheel of fortune.
Old 04-04-2009 | 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

very nice!
Old 04-04-2009 | 10:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Thanks guys, im thinking the drop is gonna be the way to go ultimately, just to sit those wheels a little deeper into the arches.

As already said a couple of times in this thread 20's were never an option for me because of the stupid prices of rubber (I have a habbit of not making rubber last), and FWIW I did post up a post asking opinions before I bought these rims, I think they look the nuts and dead happy with them to be honest, just that drop to finish up properly I think.

Got my Carbon Bonnet/Boot badges on today along with my shadow style ///M badges, its amazing how its all coming together slowly, very very happy, just need to find some 60mm Carbon BMW wheel emblems now, the ones I ordered were standard 70mm ones

Just searchin the forum to discover how to remove my front grille so I can fit my front ///M badge now
Old 04-04-2009 | 10:52 AM
Senior Members

Ok , I seem to suck with the search engine, I give up

Can anyone point me in the right direction on removing my front grille ??

EDIT:

Cancel that, some grit determination and finger skill saw me able to slide the backing plate into place and somehow get the stupid nuts in place without removing the grille , really happy with the overall look its starting to have now
Old 04-04-2009 | 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='836287' date='Apr 4 2009, 11:52 AM
Ok , I seem to suck with the search engine, I give up

Can anyone point me in the right direction on removing my front grille ??

EDIT:

Cancel that, some grit determination and finger skill saw me able to slide the backing plate into place and somehow get the stupid nuts in place without removing the grille , really happy with the overall look its starting to have now
atta boy
Old 04-04-2009 | 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='835744' date='Apr 3 2009, 05:01 PM
Mark,

My wheels are stock so you look much better than me but,...if you are asking for opinions. I don't like 19's with a lip. I think 19's look good if you go for a VMR 710 look, or Breyton GTR, but if you want a lip, you have to go 20's

Doesn't look bad... but I don't think the previous posters were being completely honest. If you had posted this thread BEFORE you made the purchase, the responses would have been different.
Wow....are you seriously challenging the veracity of all other opinions? Because YOU don't like a lip all others are lying when they said they did? I'm impressed at the depths of your apparent ability to read minds. Another damned deity on these boards. I'm sick of the 'better than everyone else' shit that's goin on on these boards nowadays. Elitist mentalities are archaic in modern societies. It's the same crap that causes some posters to put others down because they live in certain neighborhoods, come from different backgrounds, or simply are different than onesself. Disgusting.

I'm done with my rant. Sorry to the OP for pissing on the thread.
Old 04-04-2009 | 12:51 PM
Senior Members

I'm done with my rant. Sorry to the OP for pissing on the thread.
Hey thats fine NP, I never noticed anything going on ??

I guess you open yourself up to strong opinion when you put forward your own and ask for others
Old 04-04-2009 | 06:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

These wheels look solid!

Well done.

Quick Reply: Preview pic of the new rimz :)