E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

predator ice install

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: No mods

do you have any pictures of the hid kit that matches the oem headlights? it would be appreciated if you have any
Old 10-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545, non-sport,silver gray, premium, cold weather, I-pod adapter, Predator Ice, M tech, Logic 7, hardwired V1, Remus exhaust, soon to be: 18" Beyern multi wheels w/ Michelin Pilots

Received Predator Ice and took it to my BMW body shop for installation. Was told that it would involve "splicing" into the electrical system and may have an effect on other electrical components in the car. So, they did not install it because they didn't want to be liable for any damages that occured. Apparently they have never installed anything like this before.

Normally I would install this myself. Any tips?

Brian
Old 10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lab Rat' post='350903' date='Oct 31 2006, 03:06 PM
Received Predator Ice and took it to my BMW body shop for installation. Was told that it would involve "splicing" into the electrical system and may have an effect on other electrical components in the car. So, they did not install it because they didn't want to be liable for any damages that occured. Apparently they have never installed anything like this before.

Normally I would install this myself. Any tips?

Brian
did they mention which other electrical components? just curious.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545, non-sport,silver gray, premium, cold weather, I-pod adapter, Predator Ice, M tech, Logic 7, hardwired V1, Remus exhaust, soon to be: 18" Beyern multi wheels w/ Michelin Pilots

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='350904' date='Oct 31 2006, 05:09 PM
did they mention which other electrical components? just curious.
No! I think they were just covering for themselves.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kit is plug and play so I don't think there is any splicing involved. If it does, it's no longer called plug and play. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

it does require splicing. you have to splice (expose) the wires from plug that was connected to the oem angel eye light and use the blue insulator umnitza gave to connect with the predator ice wire. its very simple, but it took me time to figure it out. SO....

1. splice the brown wire of the plug and expose it so u can see the copper wire (dont cut it).
2. then you can clamp it with the blue insulator (remember to line it up with the expose part of the wire.
3. plug the black wire from predator ice into the insulator.
4. test if the light will shine before continuing
5. do the same with the silver wire of the plug and connect it with the red wire from predator ice.
6. tidy up and enjoy

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

i hope u understood what i am trying to say look at the pic umnitza gave.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Lab Rat' post='350903
The kit is plug and play so I don't think there is any splicing involved. If it does, it's no longer called plug and play. Correct me if I'm wrong.
the t-taps are technical "splices" - they are insignificant however in the grand scheme of splices.

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='351040' date='Oct 31 2006, 11:41 PM
it does require splicing. you have to splice (expose) the wires from plug that was connected to the oem angel eye light and use the blue insulator umnitza gave to connect with the predator ice wire. its very simple, but it took me time to figure it out. SO....

1. splice the brown wire of the plug and expose it so u can see the copper wire (dont cut it).
2. then you can clamp it with the blue insulator (remember to line it up with the expose part of the wire.
3. plug the black wire from predator ice into the insulator.
4. test if the light will shine before continuing
5. do the same with the silver wire of the plug and connect it with the red wire from predator ice.
6. tidy up and enjoy

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

i hope u understood what i am trying to say look at the pic umnitza gave.

Good work!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='351057' date='Nov 1 2006, 01:21 AM
DIY 200% - don't listen to them.
the t-taps are technical "splices" - they are insignificant however in the grand scheme of splices.
Good work!
Used to working on things like my Harley myself. However, current health problems (cancer & chemo) keep me from doing this w/ the Predator. I am going to call the BMW dealer and offer to sign a damage waiver if they go ahead and install it. After all, the V1 hardwire was a splice into the stock electrical system as well.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 523i M Sport Package white 2002 996 C2 silver 1997 993 C2s red
Talking

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='349816' date='Oct 28 2006, 11:25 PM

hope u like them. now hid fogs to complete!!!
Looks awesome!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lab Rat' post='351119' date='Nov 1 2006, 07:32 AM
Used to working on things like my Harley myself. However, current health problems (cancer & chemo) keep me from doing this w/ the Predator. I am going to call the BMW dealer and offer to sign a damage waiver if they go ahead and install it. After all, the V1 hardwire was a splice into the stock electrical system as well.
Talked to service adviser at BMW dealership and they have agreed to do the install. I told them to call Umnitza if any install question. This is their first install but another one is waiting in the wings.

Quick Reply: predator ice install