E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre lci to LCI upgrade options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT
Default Pre lci to LCI upgrade options?

hello everyone,
its time for an lci facelift... starting with the headlights.
currently im pre lci halogen. i can get a good deal on lci bi xenons.. is this possible with a retrofit cable?
i can drop in a set of HID's for bulbs, im really just looking for the lci look along with the projectors. they will be receiving some custom work. (AE's and quad projectors) For now, just need to find a good used lci headlight but wasn't sure what i should be looking for if i cannot find lightly used lci halogen.

from my unserstanding its easies to go from pre lci halogen to lci halogen but is anything else doable? i don't need the actve xenon or any of that.

any help you can send me way is appreciated!
thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I thought I answered this for you in the PM. Yes you can go to LCI xenons (only xenons are bi-xenon), but parts alone you're looking to spend $3k; easily more than what you told me you want to spend, and that's not even including labor and coding.

Edit:

I must correct myself, actually, the above is only correct if you want to do it OEM way. It IS possible to do LCI xenons without following BMW's retrofit procedure, however, you are looking at very much custom wiring and coding work, on this side of the country, I think I am the only one that knows how to do it. Would bring the cost down by a grand or little more on parts, but still, not something anyone can do for you.

Last edited by nomis_nehc; 11-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I thought I answered this for you in the PM. Yes you can go to LCI xenons (only xenons are bi-xenon), but parts alone you're looking to spend $3k; easily more than what you told me you want to spend, and that's not even including labor and coding.

Edit:

I must correct myself, actually, the above is only correct if you want to do it OEM way. It IS possible to do LCI xenons without following BMW's retrofit procedure, however, you are looking at very much custom wiring and coding work, on this side of the country, I think I am the only one that knows how to do it. Would bring the cost down by a grand or little more on parts, but still, not something anyone can do for you.
my umnitza option is out of the question, they no longer sell those premade headlights. ive spent some time last night going through threads and found some good info,
i know lci halogens will work with the cable, and without coding, (*will i need a LCM2??) but wasnt sure if a retrofit cable would allow other lci lights to work without coding... my question is answered. only lci halogen swap requires no coding ive found a few other sources for retrofitting some AE's.
if all else fails ill hit you up and send them to you. if its going to be more than what i budgeted and its my only option it is what it is and ill be sending them to you i can go over budget but it just seems like a lot of money for headlights. no blaming you, everyone need to make money.. but if its the cheapest and best option for the money ill pay you to do them.

the reasons i asked is because i'm having trouble finding used lci halogens where the lenses aren't shot

Last edited by Bill109; 11-07-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

i dont need to do the tails at the same time do i? can i do just the lci headlight conversion from pre lci halogen to lci halogen
Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

This is something for you : https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...-103684/page5/

This weekend I converted my Pre-LCI halogen to LCI xenon using the OEM wire Looms. Did both front and rear with the height sensors. Head light washers will follow so I have no problem with the vehicle inspection here which require the height sensors and the Washers. Cost is around 1000 euro using ebay parts apart from both looms.

Last edited by tom_il; 11-07-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Bill, if you actually know how long it takes and all the details involved, trust me, you'll understand that I am undercharging myself.

As for going to LCI halogens, no, you don't required LM2, or LCI tails. Check the last PM I wrote you. I basically broke it all down for you. You really are not going to find more information that what I basically digested for you.