E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre-LCI EURO Adaptive Xenons

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Steptronic - Logic 7 - Sirius Satellite - CD Changer - Cold Weather Pkg.- Fold Down Rear Seats - Comfort Seats Mods: Dinan CAI - RPI dual intake scoops - Euro AHL Bi-Xenons - LED Angels,
Model Year: 2004

I have a 2004 545i and bought Pre-LCI Euro Adaptive Xenons several years ago, actually prior to 2008 when LCI came out. I had planned to install a M5 front bumper and body kit at the time but put all that on hold when the economy tanked. I bought these Euro lights simply to get rid of the nasty looking Amber reflector, I already had Adaptive Bi-Xenons Crazy I know. So I finally got my new M5 front end and installed the driver side Euro's yesterday after installing new high output angels in them. I thought would be a simple swap. I removed the 2 modules at bottom of the old headlights ( assume these are the ignighter and ballast) and installed into the new Euros, but now the low beam doesn't come on? The new Angels work but no low beam. If I pull the turning signal lever, (to flash) then the high beam flashes on the new lights, but if I push forward to turn on the high beams, nothing? I don't get it these are both Pre LCI, only difference is one is Euro and one is USA with the amber reflector? Do you think I need a stealer to code them? I now have error msg on I-Drive "low beam malfunction on driver side" ? I have been brousing through the forums for info on this and could not find anyone installing Pre-LCI Euro Adaptive Bi-Xenons? I know many have in the past? as many (like me) could not stand the Amber reflector! any help greatly appreciated

If I can get these new Euros to work, then I will be selling a pair of Pre-LCI Adaptive Xenons in perfect working condition and not any nasty cracks or any gashes in them, just some minor road rash that I have used acrylic fish aquarium sand paper kit to get rid of most of the minor scratches and chips in the past. thanks
Old 10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I am not sure 100%, as I have only helped one member install Euro headlights on his US car. But for what it's worth, at least the AHL modules need to be coded.

However, it is odd that your low beams are not functioning correctly though.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Members

I'll take the orginals you are replacing!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - Steptronic - Logic 7 - Sirius Satellite - CD Changer - Cold Weather Pkg.- Fold Down Rear Seats - Comfort Seats Mods: Dinan CAI - RPI dual intake scoops - Euro AHL Bi-Xenons - LED Angels,

Went to dealer and they said most likely would be very expensive to get my Euro Adabtive Xenons lights I bought in 2007 to work with the controller and ballast etc of the original headlamps with 2003 build date even thought they are BOTH Pre-LCI and Both are Adaptive B-Xenons. I would need a new controller, possibly new ballast etc and estimates 2 hrs of programming at about $220 or so an hr. So adding it all up would be well over a 1,000 bucks on top of the $1,800 I paid when I bought the Euros years ago, plus you need to change the rear lights to match the electronics of the front and new controller ? I think I'll try to remove the bulbs, controller etc from the old lights and install in the new Euro assembly and see if that works? Any suggestions greatly appreciated ? If you see a bright explosion in the Tustin, CA area, then you'll know what happened! All this just to delete the ugly orange reflector!

on the positive side, I got 42K miles on the front Nitto 555 tires, 20 inch.245/35's would have another 5K miles or more but they lightly rub on sharp corners and that wore them down to the cords on the outside edge. The rears on the other hand, only get about 22K due to the Negative Camber. Overall great tire, quiet, smooth, enough traction for my needs and lasts this long without rotation! How can you go wrong. I could have spent the 1,800 I spent for the Euros on some Michelins and probably not lasted any longer. There is always a brighter side, (get it)
Old 10-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by B_Schnell
Went to dealer and they said most likely would be very expensive to get my Euro Adabtive Xenons lights I bought in 2007 to work with the controller and ballast etc of the original headlamps with 2003 build date even thought they are BOTH Pre-LCI and Both are Adaptive B-Xenons. I would need a new controller, possibly new ballast etc and estimates 2 hrs of programming at about $220 or so an hr. So adding it all up would be well over a 1,000 bucks on top of the $1,800 I paid when I bought the Euros years ago, plus you need to change the rear lights to match the electronics of the front and new controller ? I think I'll try to remove the bulbs, controller etc from the old lights and install in the new Euro assembly and see if that works? Any suggestions greatly appreciated ? If you see a bright explosion in the Tustin, CA area, then you'll know what happened! All this just to delete the ugly orange reflector!

on the positive side, I got 42K miles on the front Nitto 555 tires, 20 inch.245/35's would have another 5K miles or more but they lightly rub on sharp corners and that wore them down to the cords on the outside edge. The rears on the other hand, only get about 22K due to the Negative Camber. Overall great tire, quiet, smooth, enough traction for my needs and lasts this long without rotation! How can you go wrong. I could have spent the 1,800 I spent for the Euros on some Michelins and probably not lasted any longer. There is always a brighter side, (get it)
Holy crap, you're in Tustin? You should just come to me and I can get this working for you and not charge you $220 an hour. I am just 15-20 minutes from you in Mission Viejo.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Members

I have a 2004 545i and bought Pre-LCI Euro Adaptive Xenons....

You're in good hands with nomis
Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Holy crap, you're in Tustin? You should just come to me and I can get this working for you and not charge you $220 an hour. I am just 15-20 minutes from you in Mission Viejo.
Simon did MY pre-LCI EURO headlights and he was able to work through every obstacle thrown at us. Just do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go see him. You WILL NOT be disappointed and I'm sure you will leave with more options than you came with.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Simon did MY pre-LCI EURO headlights and he was able to work through every obstacle thrown at us. Just do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go see him. You WILL NOT be disappointed and I'm sure you will leave with more options than you came with.

Ok Kool Simon/Nomus how do I get your contact info and arrange to see you?
Thanks guys!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Yay, thanks for the shout JR. Gonna send you a text. I figured out something and been meaning to share with ya.

Ok Kool Simon/Nomus how do I get your contact info and arrange to see you?
Thanks guys!
Pm received and replied
Old 10-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Contributors

Met with Mr. Schnell today. Super laid back and easy going guy. Everything went smoothly

Quick Reply: Pre-LCI EURO Adaptive Xenons