E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

is it possible

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sup guys so i had something hit me today that feels like a good idea but might sound dumb lol. I want to know if this exist already or if this is possible. I live in a house with a detached garage so this would be good for me, currently i have to open my garage door with a keypad i have on the out side then when i drive off i can close it with the universal remote so handily provided to us by bmw on my rear view mirror. I was wondering if I can get my key programmed so that when i press some button combo it would activate the universal garage door opener within the car hence forth opening my garage door from the key.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spediegunz
sup guys so i had something hit me today that feels like a good idea but might sound dumb lol. I want to know if this exist already or if this is possible. I live in a house with a detached garage so this would be good for me, currently i have to open my garage door with a keypad i have on the out side then when i drive off i can close it with the universal remote so handily provided to us by bmw on my rear view mirror. I was wondering if I can get my key programmed so that when i press some button combo it would activate the universal garage door opener within the car hence forth opening my garage door from the key.
You can also OPEN your garage door using the same button on your rear-view mirror ... you've already programmed it to close the door - no other steps are required!