E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

please tell me what this piece is on this RPI exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not seeing on a 530 where the this mounting piece comes into play-my oem turtle has only on the left side
Attached Thumbnails please tell me what this piece is on this RPI exhaust-eee.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Did you get this used or brand new?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

That is where the hanger needs to be.

Remove the stock hanger from the left and unbolt it. Then relocate it to the right side (same side of the exhaust). There is another mounting point...just on the right PM me if you need more help.

CHECK OUT PICS 7, 8 ,9

http://www.raceprecision.com/forums/viewto...?f=13&t=141
Old 09-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Banned

I am still not seeing it. I have had SS and remus, both removed and installed myself-without luxury of a jack so I slide under the car-

Anyway the OEM 530 exhaust (if you were standing looking at the two tail pipes of the rear)-it has one bracket on the left that attaches to a piece on top of one of the exhaust-very near the beginning of the tip.

Then on the right it has absolutely nothing

Then there is a long one that spans in a linear direction that attaches to a hanger a few feet away. I am not seeing this in the pics.

Also why does the cut have to be there-every exhaust-SS and Remus both were cut so that you did not need that furthest hanger that the pics are showing.

Would it be a problem to just cut the rpi pipe a bit so it is as long as the stock piece I have now. You see I cut it off initially installing the REmus so was stuck with that lenght of stock pipping. Supersprint fit perfectly. I do not want to have to hack off more stock pipe because then I cannot convert back to stock since its not just one clean cut. I would have to pieces of pipe.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Banned

Ok I think I was reading into the disconnect hanger as meaning disconnecting the hanger bracket that is bolted to the car-There were like three of these and made no sense why . Now I know you simply only have to change the very end bracket, near the tips to the other side.

Will you need to buy different rubber hangers-I know my SS used rubber hangers that were in a different direction

I really need some pics of the underbody of a 530 with this installed-or atleast tell me exactly from muffler edge to end of pipe (attaching to stock pipe end) it is. I want to see if I can do this myself or if I will need to cut my pipe again.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Ok here is a better one for my question.

1. The maroon hanger-So you take the bracket from where the blue circle bracket would be and put it on the other side. Then use the maroon hanger to attach to the newly fit bracket.

2.On this pic what does the blue hanger attach to if you removed its bracket and put it on the other side?

3. This does look longer than SS or remus-Is there any reason at all I could not cut at the orange line so it matches up to the current length of stock pipe I had cut off-in order to turn back to stock.

I am not understanding why the pipe is longer than every other exhaust

Also do you need new rubber hangers at all or are all the stock ones-the ones that will fit this. I know on SS you needed a different rubber hanger cause the hole was the wrong way
Attached Thumbnails please tell me what this piece is on this RPI exhaust-gggggggg.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

I just looked ath the 545 steps and the exhaust is held by three hangers. One on the right side near the tips, one on the left coming off the initial part of the piping and then one way back almost where you cut.

so is this picture not of a 530 one or is the install completely different
Old 09-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

It's a Johnson Rod!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

The problem you are going to have is that that exhaust you have there has been modified and is NOT how it comes out of our place. Who did you buy the exhaust from?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Banned

I did not buy it luckily-just did not work in my mind no matter how the hell you put those hangers!