E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Please recommend a QUAD exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was all set to order the full Umnitza body kit until I realized that it comes with the M5 rear. They are out of Mtech rears and since I want to do this all at once I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. Do I go the full M5 route and incur the additional cost of a quad exhause or wait for the Mtech to ship in a month and pay more for the install (no more than $200 I would guess)?
Here are my conerns/requirements. Hopefully you can base your recommendation off of them:
  1. Price for the quad setup is my biggest concern. No way can I spend much more than $500 for the parts and install. The only reason I am dumping $2k on the kit, paint and install in the first place is because of an insurance claim thanks to dings and dents caused by my garage in NYC.
  2. Sound is the next most important issue. My favorite sounding exhaust is the RPI. Throaty and deep...making it sound like a true V8. No offense to others, but I DO NOT want my car sounding too loud or too whiny/droney. It needs to sound like a REAL V8.
  3. Loss of Power. I do not want it to significantly affect my power.
  4. Minimal droning is essential...I spend most of my time on the highway.
  5. Finally, no dummy exhausts. I'm already posing as an M5...the last thing I want is a a dual exhaust that doesn't work.

I know this may be a dream, and if it is, perhaps the quad is not for me. I relaly appreciate your comments/suggestions/or wake-up call. Thanks in advance!
KC
Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

1) For the cheapest price I think getting a local muffler shop to do the pipes and buying magnaflow mufflers. But I think that would be over $500, but under $1000

2) Pretty much every quad setup Ive heard is never to loud or ricey. But the only quad setup with no drone is RDSport but that cost $3100
RPI sounds just like B&B exhaust.

3)I think all exhaust will cause for a lose of hp.

4) If droning is a concern then I suggest sticking to stock. Like I mentioned RDSport is the only exhaust I know of with no drone.

5)And yes dummy exhaust are stupid :thumbsdown:

I say wait for the mtech rear. And get a RPI, B&B, or Dinan down the road.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='858164' date='Apr 24 2009, 09:53 PM
1) For the cheapest price I think getting a local muffler shop to do the pipes and buying magnaflow mufflers. But I think that would be over $500, but under $1000

2) Pretty much every quad setup Ive heard is never to loud or ricey. But the only quad setup with no drone is RDSport but that cost $3100
RPI sounds just like B&B exhaust.

3)I think all exhaust will cause for a lose of hp.

4) If droning is a concern then I suggest sticking to stock. Like I mentioned RDSport is the only exhaust I know of with no drone.

5)And yes dummy exhaust are stupid :thumbsdown:

I say wait for the mtech rear. And get a RPI, B&B, or Dinan down the road.
Or do what I did on my exhaust. Louder than stock, quieter than magnaflow. Not loud like v8 trucks either. True dual. See my signature. Do your research and it will save you money.