E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Well, after over a month I finally got my PIAA fog lights installed. I had some issues with the fellow from ebay where they sent me the wrong bulbs by mistake. Eventually I got the correct ones, it was not a rush anyhow, so all is well.

I love these new bulbs -- match the xenon's perfectly IMO. They do look awfully blueish in these pictures but not so in real life. That might be due to the lack of camera flash, who knows. The flash made things look much more yellow and natural but I took the pictures without flash except for the first one because they came out horrible. You can see the clearer difference in the shots with the headlights on. The shots only with the angle eyes, the bulbs look blue probably because the angel's are an ugly yellow! Anyone know how to make them whiter too?

So, straight to the comparison shots.

Comparison -- on left new bulb, on right old bulb (headlights off):
PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed-change1.jpg

Comparison -- on left new bulb, on right old bulb (headlights on):
PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed-change2.jpg

Before (headlights off):
PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed-orig1.jpg

After (headlights off):
PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed-final1.jpg

Before (headlights on):
PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed-orig2.jpg

After (headlights on):
PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed-final2.jpg

If you want to get these bulbs you'll want the PIAA 4700K H-259 bulbs which can be found on ebay. Some folks got the 4150K bulbs instead which are supposed to be an even more pure white but xenon bulbs do have a blueish tint to them so I picked these myself. Either way you go I doubt you could go wrong. That is to say -- either would be better than stock.

Pic:

PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed-piaa.jpg
Old 06-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Jun 10 2005, 02:14 PM
Well, after over a month I finally got my PIAA fog lights installed. I had some issues with the fellow from ebay where they sent me the wrong bulbs by mistake. Eventually I got the correct ones, it was not a rush anyhow, so all is well.

I love these new bulbs -- match the xenon's perfectly IMO. They do look awfully blueish in these pictures but not so in real life. That might be due to the lack of camera flash, who knows. The flash made things look much more yellow and natural but I took the pictures without flash except for the first one because they came out horrible. You can see the clearer difference in the shots with the headlights on. The shots only with the angle eyes, the bulbs look blue probably because the angel's are an ugly yellow! Anyone know how to make them whiter too?

So, straight to the comparison shots.

Comparison -- on left new bulb, on right old bulb (headlights off):
Attachment 8331

Comparison -- on left new bulb, on right old bulb (headlights on):
Attachment 8332

Before (headlights off):
Attachment 8327

After (headlights off):
Attachment 8328

Before (headlights on):
Attachment 8329

After (headlights on):
Attachment 8330

If you want to get these bulbs you'll want the PIAA 4700K H-259 bulbs which can be found on ebay. Some folks got the 4150K bulbs instead which are supposed to be an even more pure white but xenon bulbs do have a blueish tint to them so I picked these myself. Either way you go I doubt you could go wrong. That is to say -- either would be better than stock.?

Pic:

Attachment 8333
[snapback]138332[/snapback]
Looking good! When I picked up my car yesterday, I noticed the BMW dealers are on to us--they sell aftermarket "xenon match" fog bulbs--not PIAA, can't remember what brand.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

HAHAH NICE!!! Wow.. you planned ahead... took good comparison pics for us.

Hey stream can you find out what brand your dealer is selling? I'm cusious.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jun 10 2005, 05:10 PM
HAHAH NICE!!! Wow.. you planned ahead... took good comparison pics for us.

Hey stream can you find out what brand your dealer is selling? I'm cusious.
[snapback]138407[/snapback]
Sure--I check when I'm back there next week--after getting my car back from the aux input install, I noticed today that my steering wheel is off center by around 5 degrees--I suspect the AS needs to be reset as a result of them upgrading me to 17.01...
Old 06-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Senior Members

nice job, lomag ! i know you have a new front bumper. is it hard to replace the bulbs? it was quite easy for my "regular" bumper.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

It's a little harder because that whole plastic under piece needs to be removed. I think on the regular bumper it like hinges down, but its the same procedure for the most part.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Jun 11 2005, 06:20 PM
It's a little harder because that whole plastic under piece needs to be removed. I think on the regular bumper it like hinges down, but its the same procedure for the most part.
[snapback]138663[/snapback]
Tiny bit harder... like Lomag says... we gotta take off the WHOLE bottom piece and its a PITA to bend the plastic piece enough to get it to come off.. I havent tried myself yet... just watched the dealer do it. I thought he was going to break it by pulling and bending it so much!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

well, if you guys are talking about the botton piece in the middle, i took off that off, too. i guess i did too much .
Old 06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jun 12 2005, 02:37 AM
well, if you guys are talking about the botton piece in the middle, i took off that off, too.? i guess i did too much .
[snapback]138726[/snapback]

No no not the middle... just the two sides... right under the fogs
Old 06-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

i kind of remember i didn't take off the two sides but the middle .

Quick Reply: PIAA 4700K Fog Lights Installed