E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Performance Software

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Does anyone have any experience with the JB4 software upgrade for the 535? I got a couple PM's from White535xi and he has this and now I'm siked after reading on their site and watching the vids. Just want to check to see if anyone else has it and what the pros and cons are.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the JB4 pnp installed on my '08 535xi and have been very pleased. I upgraded from the JB3 which I had on the car for about 4,000 miles with zero issues. The JB4 upgrade is nice since you can read and clear codes (optional wire needed), plus data logging if thats your thing. The steering wheel controls for on the fly map selection is also a nice as well. It also has some cool extra's like "gauge hijacking" and a shift light feature. Tech support is great as well. So far the only con I have found is since it is not an approved BMW performance upgrade it should be removed before service. Hope that helps a bit.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Yes it does. I heard this about the service and all. I have 47.5 on mine and due for the last oil change right at 50, so i am thinking to wait until after I have it serviced. As far as I know, all they will do at this service is change the oil. I was also curious if I get it and install it before this last service would they still change my oil? Knowing my stealership they would sabatoge my software!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Yes it does. I heard this about the service and all. I have 47.5 on mine and due for the last oil change right at 50, so i am thinking to wait until after I have it serviced. As far as I know, all they will do at this service is change the oil. I was also curious if I get it and install it before this last service would they still change my oil? Knowing my stealership they would sabatoge my software!
You just need to take it off if you're orried. It's a piggyback system, not a flash.

Go here to read much more about the jb4: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Old 03-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
You just need to take it off if you're orried. It's a piggyback system, not a flash.

Go here to read much more about the jb4: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Yes I see that. It's only an oil change so I can't imagine them doing anything else and or complaining or refusing to change the oil because of this. I'm probably gonna go ahead and get it and install before the oil change then I most likely will not have any future dealings with them anyway.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Members

Shouldn't be an issue on an oil change or any other routine items for that matter, but I always use the better safe than sorry rule. If I recall correctly by choosing map 0 it essentially turns the JB4 off and not detectible through the OBD II port if they would need to connect for any reasons. Follow ProMed's link there is a ton of information there and thats also where you can download the latest versions as updates come out. You may also want to look at doing the DCI (dual cone intake) along with the JB4. You'll find a lot of discussion about the benifits of the DCI given the under hood temp's, but I like that you can hear the turbo's spool a little better (corny, but it's the little things) I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

Done! I will this order tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Contributors

yeah just put it on map 0 and everything gets bypass cause it gets disabled so they wont know its there unless they open your ecu and they wont do that if your getting an oil change. You'll be fine. I have 30k still have warranty and have so many mods done, including catless dp's
Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Members

I just done the recall on the HPFP and last oil change @ 48k
Make sure dealer change the HPFP also.

I am running Map 5 with a drop in filter and 20"s

you can tell the huge different.

JB4 is a Must on 535 !!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

My HPLP has already been replaced so I should be ok there. Will order the JB$ tonight!

Quick Reply: Performance Software