E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Out with the MAK and in with the CCC???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out with the MAK and in with the CCC???

Hi all

Wondering if you could help me please.
I have a E61 2008 and want to fit a CCC to it.
I currently have a MAK The std CD no Nav unit.
Will the CCC unit be a straight swop or or would I need to the wiring loom?
I know I need a new trim and the housing that the unit sits in behind the trim but not sure what else I need.
Could someone please point me in the right direction please.
What about coding do would I need to get it recoded to work?

Thanks for your time really appreciation any advise!!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

It's not a straight out swap but is very simple to do. You will need several things to complete this.
CCC unit
8" screen
Antenna
Fan harness - unless the unit comes with it. Typically they are left in the car for some reason.
Plastic trim around AC controls
Lower forward trim panel. You will lose your small storage area just above the ashtray.
Coding $609
If you are super lucky and get a unit from your area with the same features as you currently have, chances are that you can get by without coding, but you will eventually need it anyway. When I replaced mine, everything worked normally except that I lost my iPod and SAT radio. I didn't code it until a month later.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:23 AM
New Members

Hey tonyb635 thanks for the information.

Woul dI need to buy the screen and CCC unit together or can I get the Unit from one dealer and the screen from another?
What does the Fan harness look like?

Many thx for getting back to me.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I would look to eBay or locally to where you are and also there is a member named Patrick but spelled differently that may be able to help locate one. I purchased mine from eBay out of Germany and all was ok. Used seems to range from $500.00 - 1000.00 which should incude the CCC unit and screen. Yes, you can but them individually if you can find it that way, but if I recall most of them come together. The fan harness can be purchased from your BMW dealer in the UK. We can't get it here in the US. The part number should be 61 1 20 396 722 and costs no more than 5 pnds.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Members

Patryk normally sells CIC upgrades for the E60/61. I don't recall seeing a CCC retrofit before.
I just did a CCC to CIC retrofit earlier this year. Patryk at BimmerTech is THE MAN when it comes to CIC upgrades for the E60. They are expensive but well worth it. Just google BimmerTech and you will find their website. Patryk is based out of Poland.

Have you considered going up to the CIC unit? It is much better than a CCC.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:30 PM
New Members

tonyb635 this very much for the info.
I think I will buy locally or on ebay.

Hey OzMosis I did a load of research on the CIC and the cost just does not stack up for me I change my cars regularly and I will not get my money back and I don't know if the next owner will appreciate as much as I would.
So CCC unit it is.

Would I need to get more or change the wiring going to a CCC from a M-ASK??
Old 11-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

The harness connection is the same to both units, so you will your current harness or at least it was on mine. The fan cable is the only thing and its just a small harness that connects to the fan motor then plugs into the back of the main connector. The instructions and extra couple if needed are included and very simple.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
New Members

Ok I just got the CCC unit and CID and about to install them but.....

I do have another question about the unit can anyone tell me if I can add my old PhatBox to this unit.
It's the same a having a CD changer but it's digital (80GB HDD)
This is what it looks like Volkswagen PhatNoise Digital Car Audio System
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM
New Members

I have a CCC for sale from my 2009 LCI E60. If anyone's interested,

Ebay: BMW LCI E60 E61 E63 E64 CCC Professional CD DVD Navigation Unit SAT Nav | eBay
Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Echu
I have a CCC for sale from my 2009 LCI E60. If anyone's interested,

Ebay: BMW LCI E60 E61 E63 E64 CCC Professional CD DVD Navigation Unit SAT Nav | eBay
You might want to update your eBay and correct the pics. The iDrive screen you have pictured is not correct. This is the MASK screen and will not work correctly with the CCC.

Quick Reply: Out with the MAK and in with the CCC???