E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Orion v2 v4 installs San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

Cell phone double post... Error
Old 09-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

lol. They deleted my thread that had all the info on it but left the error post. If anyone needs help installing the Orion's, I'll be glad to help guide you to do it, what materials to use, and if you need the cutting tool, i'll let you borrow it. It's not that hard to do. It's actually just more scary to cut your lens. Once you get past that, the rest is a breeze. Just need to give yourself plenty of time to do it and lots of lighting to check that your lens is clean before you put it all back together.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

Like!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

So you're telling me that feel is a ripoff for guys like Simon, Chris, DK etc to charge $300 for something that take minimum 8hrs to do? Come on man. Ive done plenty of mods and i won't dare do the Orions. Shit i was the first guy here on the forum to do CIC retrofit and that shit is a peace of cake compared to Orions. Guess how much i would charge to install a CIC kit? No less than $300 and if will take me an afternoon to do it.

You got pics of your V4? POST them!! Are yours seals properly? are you gonna be there for them when there's a problem? I feel like this is a personal jab at the guys that are charging a reasonable for something thats not easy to do. Im pretty sure you pm those guys a bunch of questions since they were the pioneers in this and now you want to be a hero. Give me a break
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 AM
Senior Members

-First of all Nelson, didn't mention any names, so cross that off your stupid thought list. 2nd of all, who cares what you charge for your CIC install, has nothing to do with this. 3rd of all why do you care if I help people if they want to get it done? Does everyone have to charge people to get things done here?

-My seals are proper, car washed, no lights fogging, so seals must be good. My v4's are installed and not falling off with the right glue like stick and seal loctite. Not that hard to seal with what you cut open using zip ties to hold it together or straps, a plastic wielder or glue and some sealant (black preferred).

-Who's trying to be a hero, it really doesn't bother me what you think or whoever is going to post after this thread defending what you might say or others. Thread speaks for itself. Doesn't say everyone from LA, New York, Florida, come down to fking San Diego so I can help you, read what the fk it says before you go the fk off with your random bullshit. Charge whoever you want to. If they got money to spend on you installing it for them, more power to you.

-Ok enough said... Go off with whatever rants you want to respond to. I won't respond to it.

-Have a nice day
Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 AM
New Members

SD5Series thanks for trying to help people like me that want to try it on their own that's part of modding once again thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by My535
SD5Series thanks for trying to help people like me that want to try it on their own that's part of modding once again thanks

What he said
This forum is all about help...... surely.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Some folks believe in paying it forward .

Originally Posted by bmw_pimp
What he said
This forum is all about help...... surely.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Dude, I think his offer to help other members is sincere. There's no harm in giving back to the community; from what he has learnt from it.

Originally Posted by nelson29
So you're telling me that feel is a ripoff for guys like Simon, Chris, DK etc to charge $300 for something that take minimum 8hrs to do? Come on man. Ive done plenty of mods and i won't dare do the Orions. Shit i was the first guy here on the forum to do CIC retrofit and that shit is a peace of cake compared to Orions. Guess how much i would charge to install a CIC kit? No less than $300 and if will take me an afternoon to do it.

You got pics of your V4? POST them!! Are yours seals properly? are you gonna be there for them when there's a problem? I feel like this is a personal jab at the guys that are charging a reasonable for something thats not easy to do. Im pretty sure you pm those guys a bunch of questions since they were the pioneers in this and now you want to be a hero. Give me a break
Old 10-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

I agree for those who are willing to do it with ones help. I myself dont have time and $300 to change the lights is not a bad price if it comes with a gaurantee. I really want to get these installed. maybe you can pm your price if you want to help me out with a better deal that what other members are offering

Originally Posted by SD5Series
-First of all Nelson, didn't mention any names, so cross that off your stupid thought list. 2nd of all, who cares what you charge for your CIC install, has nothing to do with this. 3rd of all why do you care if I help people if they want to get it done? Does everyone have to charge people to get things done here?

-My seals are proper, car washed, no lights fogging, so seals must be good. My v4's are installed and not falling off with the right glue like stick and seal loctite. Not that hard to seal with what you cut open using zip ties to hold it together or straps, a plastic wielder or glue and some sealant (black preferred).

-Who's trying to be a hero, it really doesn't bother me what you think or whoever is going to post after this thread defending what you might say or others. Thread speaks for itself. Doesn't say everyone from LA, New York, Florida, come down to fking San Diego so I can help you, read what the fk it says before you go the fk off with your random bullshit. Charge whoever you want to. If they got money to spend on you installing it for them, more power to you.

-Ok enough said... Go off with whatever rants you want to respond to. I won't respond to it.

-Have a nice day

Quick Reply: Orion v2 v4 installs San Diego