E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ordering m-kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am planning on ordering a 545 in the next 2 weeks and was wondering about ordering an m-kit strait from the factory.... is this possible... and if it is what do i tell the salesman, they all seem to know nothing about aftermarket products
RB
Old 04-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Arby 545' date='Apr 25 2005, 09:43 PM
i am planning on ordering a 545 in the next 2 weeks and was wondering about ordering an m-kit strait from the factory.... is this possible... and if it is what do i tell the salesman, they all seem to know nothing about aftermarket products
RB
[snapback]120040[/snapback]
Yes it is possible. But i guess you have to buy it seperately and install it after your car has arrived.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Apr 26 2005, 04:06 AM
[quote name='Arby 545' date='Apr 25 2005, 09:43 PM']i am planning on ordering a 545 in the next 2 weeks and was wondering about ordering an m-kit strait from the factory.... is this possible... and if it is what do i tell the salesman, they all seem to know nothing about aftermarket products
RB
[snapback]120040[/snapback]
Yes it is possible. But I guess you have to buy it seperately and install it after your car has arrived.
[snapback]120045[/snapback]
[/quote]

sorry man M kit is no aftermarket but BMW's own M Gmbh (Ltd) so you order the car w or separatelly the kit of course you can do it. If not get it from Europe.

are you in the States???
Old 04-26-2005, 04:13 AM
Members

My Ride: On Order for European Delivery 550i SilverGrey Sports, Winter, Prem Pkg, Prem sound, NAV, HUD, comfort seats

Sorry for the dumb question, what is an m-kit?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Members

yeh im located in florida in the big USA.... nice place, just not so much for acces to german cars

I dont know if i correctly understood what you were saying. Is it available to add on as an option before i order my car?
thanks
RB
Old 04-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Yes you can however your salesman better not be lazy. There is a part number for each individual part (or maybe for the whole kit im sure) 4 pieces in total. Tell your salesman that and he should be able to tag it onto the deal. M Kit is a popular European option so go on their website to get a part number.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:17 AM
Members

so what ur saying is that if he tells me he cant do it i tell him that id like to but the car from someone else...
this will be the 3rd bmw my family has purchased from this salesman. he doesnt seem that up to date with things like mods and such. My mom bought her last 2 X5's from him and im positive my mom did not ask any hard questions like i plan on doing.
if i am correct on my assumption i should tell him to figure it out on his own and deal with it or else id like to speak to somene else who can handle it.
correct me if im wrong here fellas...
thanks
RB
P.S. about how much should this cost from the factory...?
Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I think you're asking if you can get the M-Aero kit installed at the factory instead of the regular bumpers and the simple answer is: NO. Folks in certain European countries can but not us here in the USA.

The best you can do in your case is order the car and have your dealer order the M-Aero kit 2 weeks prior to the cars arrival. They can prep and paint it and when the car comes in they can install it for you which will leave you with the original bumpers as "spare". It's going to cost you an extra $2500 - $3000 probably to buy+paint+install the Aero kit afterwards but its the only option.

It really has nothing to do with your salesman -- it's like an aftermarket upgrade. I'm sure he could help to arrange it with the dealers parts department and body shop though.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I got my M-kit from an importer who ordered it from BMW in Germany.

BMW painted my kit according to my VIN #.

It took more like 6 weeks to arrive, however.... not 2.

Cost was $2800 painted.

The paint job is fantastic.

My BMW dealership installed the kit when it arrived. They charged a reduced labor rate, because the install tok longer than anticipated since this was their first M-kit job.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Apr 26 2005, 09:33 AM
I think you're asking if you can get the M-Aero kit installed at the factory instead of the regular bumpers and the simple answer is: NO. Folks in certain European countries can but not us here in the USA.

The best you can do in your case is order the car and have your dealer order the M-Aero kit 2 weeks prior to the cars arrival. They can prep and paint it and when the car comes in they can install it for you which will leave you with the original bumpers as "spare". It's going to cost you an extra $2500 - $3000 probably to buy+paint+install the Aero kit afterwards but its the only option.

It really has nothing to do with your salesman -- it's like an aftermarket upgrade. I'm sure he could help to arrange it with the dealers parts department and body shop though.
[snapback]120206[/snapback]

Yea so tell the salesguy to order you the parts and install it when it comes in. Factor the cost into the car and thats it

Quick Reply: ordering m-kit