E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
well besides the aesthetics of the stretched look, running a stretched tire will allow you to run wider wheels than normal due to the fact that based on the roundness of the sidewall and tires specs, they will give you extra clearance.

this also goes with the fender as well

getting a flush look with the fenders isnt tricky, especially when you guys have someone like me who is willing to put the money into it to see what we can do with our e60's

its my hope that more of you guys will get aggressive offsets with your wheel choices and really break out of the normal offset mindset thats around here.

poor offset makes our cars look like they are trying to run but cant because their feet are too close together lol
Agreed! Any drastic space between the fender and the tire/wheel should be taboo! Well, except for the xi guys .
Old 02-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
It seems like most people make a bigger deal about stretched tires than they really are. Handling will probably be a little sacrificed but other than that I see or feel no difference from my experiences. And you probably can't even feel it under normal every day driving conditions.

The stretched look simply lets you fit much more aggressive wheels (aka more lip or concavity and wider sizes) under the fenders. That's it. I also think that stretched tires gives the car a meaner and lower-profile-esque look and if you couple that with the ability to fit more aggressive wheels with the lower profile and stretched tire = awesome looking aggressive stance. Sure the lip edge will be a lot more vulnerable to curbs but even with meatier/OEM size tires, if you brush a curb, chances are you will still rash your wheels. Tire life should stay relativel close as your alignment is what can drastically shorten the life of the tire. A lot of people who do this type of tire stretching run massive negative camber in the rear so of course the tire won't last long. But if you run pretty neutral alignment specs, it should be fine.
+1

the other issue that people tend to freak out about is if a stretched tire will bubble or separate from the wheel.

If you run massive stretch in conjunction with massive negative camber, then yes you can see that and it has happened to people in the past.

The key is to find the size that gives you a nice mild stretch that allows the wider stance and not run excessive negative camber.

honestly -2 is really good for our cars but the key is the width of the wheels and offset
Old 02-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

Yea, I'm totally in the same boat with you praisethelowered. Coming from the S2000/350z/G35 forums, stretching and running super aggressive stances seemed normal. Then when I came here I was shocked since most people run conservative setups. Then again, it is a 4-door sporty family hauler sedan and not exactly a sports coupe or roadster. I have a 255/35/18 on my 10.5'' rear wheels on my S2000 and I love the look. Perfect stretch, and I'm running max camber allowed with stock suspension components with no problemos.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Haha I see you reading the topic Michael. Kudos for getting him these specs. Anxious to see what it looks like.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Yea, I'm totally in the same boat with you praisethelowered. Coming from the S2000/350z/G35 forums, stretching and running super aggressive stances seemed normal. Then when I came here I was shocked since most people run conservative setups. Then again, it is a 4-door sporty family hauler sedan and not exactly a sports coupe or roadster. I have a 255/35/18 on my 10.5'' rear wheels on my S2000 and I love the look. Perfect stretch, and I'm running max camber allowed with stock suspension components with no problemos.

nice, I think if more people ran wheels that take a wider stance theyd be happier with the look and performance.

Heres a small stretch on my volks in the rear 19x10.5 running 275/30/19 et 22 and no spacer in the rear
Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)-3.jpg
Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)-gspx.jpg

no very much but enough to tickle my fancy about doing it and its what led me to this route
Attached Thumbnails Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)-gspx.jpg   Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)-img_6005t.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
nice, I think if more people ran wheels that take a wider stance theyd be happier with the look and performance.

Heres a small stretch on my volks in the rear 19x10.5 running 275/30/19 et 22 and no spacer in the rear
Attachment 98265
Attachment 98266

no very much but enough to tickle my fancy about doing it and its what led me to this route

I think that looks really good. That setups seems like it will be conservative compared to what you're going to do next though heh. Some people are against the whole Volks on Euro cars but I personally love TE-37's. Especially when you can get a lip and concave face on them in the rears. I would have loved to have bought those wheels off of you. How'd you like the Nitto Invo tires you have on them? At least I think they are judging by the tread pattern.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Haha I see you reading the topic Michael. Kudos for getting him these specs. Anxious to see what it looks like.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Contributors

I think that looks really good. That setups seems like it will be conservative compared to what you're going to do next though heh. Some people are against the whole Volks on Euro cars but I personally love TE-37's. Especially when you can get a lip and concave face on them in the rears. I would have loved to have bought those wheels off of you. How'd you like the Nitto Invo tires you have on them? At least I think they are judging by the tread pattern.

The whole Jap wheel on a Euro car always made me laugh. BBS is a german company yes, but they also are made in Japan and Germany so who cares really.

That was aggressive for me back then but now i require MOAR lol

The invos were ok tires, i liked my S-03s better though. I couldnt get the invos to stretch in the same size as the s-03 and I sold the invos based on that and the higher sidewall and went back to my S-03s
Old 02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Deff Kudos to Michael at AcutePerformance

He worked a lot with DPE to find out what was out there and price wise, id never been able to do this without his help.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

there looking real good imo. Congrats

Quick Reply: Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)