E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered

hey you have my car in there! lol nice =)
Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
Looks Great PTL!! you'll love them! there the same ones on my E55

I know I saw that!

get some pictures of them in this thread ASAP!!! haha
Old 02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)-dsc00017.jpg
Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)-dsc00018.jpg
Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Those 350zs are insane. Fitment is perfect. Must have taken some trial and error. Not sure how much camber the 350z has to play with but I heard the E60 has almost none. Maybe I should have bought a used 350z instead and used the $10k I would have saved to slap on some of those suckers and mod the fenders...
Old 02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
e6t
Senior Members

the wheels are nice but im not feeling the stretch.

what is the purpose, if i may ask?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I like the stretched tire look - just don't know how much more money it is to maintain a setup like this - the tires have GOT to go faster and sidewalls must be checked every time you are about to drive off to make sure you don't damage the rims... right?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Those 350zs are insane. Fitment is perfect. Must have taken some trial and error. Not sure how much camber the 350z has to play with but I heard the E60 has almost none. Maybe I should have bought a used 350z instead and used the $10k I would have saved to slap on some of those suckers and mod the fenders...
actually the e60s can get almost -3 camber if you lower it enough and push out the wheels and roll the fenders you can do it
Old 02-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I like the stretched tire look - just don't know how much more money it is to maintain a setup like this - the tires have GOT to go faster and sidewalls must be checked every time you are about to drive off to make sure you don't damage the rims... right?

yeah you just need to be aware of where you do and dont go

avoid potholes like the plagued lol

forged wheels are a must
Old 02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e6t
the wheels are nice but im not feeling the stretch.

what is the purpose, if i may ask?
well besides the aesthetics of the stretched look, running a stretched tire will allow you to run wider wheels than normal due to the fact that based on the roundness of the sidewall and tires specs, they will give you extra clearance.

this also goes with the fender as well

getting a flush look with the fenders isnt tricky, especially when you guys have someone like me who is willing to put the money into it to see what we can do with our e60's

its my hope that more of you guys will get aggressive offsets with your wheel choices and really break out of the normal offset mindset thats around here.

poor offset makes our cars look like they are trying to run but cant because their feet are too close together lol
Old 02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

It seems like most people make a bigger deal about stretched tires than they really are. Handling will probably be a little sacrificed but other than that I see or feel no difference from my experiences. And you probably can't even feel it under normal every day driving conditions.

The stretched look simply lets you fit much more aggressive wheels (aka more lip or concavity and wider sizes) under the fenders. That's it. I also think that stretched tires gives the car a meaner and lower-profile-esque look and if you couple that with the ability to fit more aggressive wheels with the lower profile and stretched tire = awesome looking aggressive stance. Sure the lip edge will be a lot more vulnerable to curbs but even with meatier/OEM size tires, if you brush a curb, chances are you will still rash your wheels. Tire life should stay relativel close as your alignment is what can drastically shorten the life of the tire. A lot of people who do this type of tire stretching run massive negative camber in the rear so of course the tire won't last long. But if you run pretty neutral alignment specs, it should be fine.

Quick Reply: Ordered my new wheels (Pictures of what they are)