E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ok - Am I not being reasonable - Input needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...I am posting this because I want to be fair and balanced, offer a good deal to a fellow forum member but also not get ripped off.

A member on this forum is looking for xi 17 inch stock setup for his ride. I pm'd him after seeing his WTB in classifieds letting him know that I have a set I would part with available. The wheels have tpms sensors and valves ($200), center caps, are in 8/10 condition with no bends or major marks, just a few scratches here and there.. bare four tires mounted and balanced with atleast 30-40% treadlife left or about 10,000 miles (goodyear rsa's - not runflats). Wheels are style 123 with xi offset. I asked him what his offer was and he offered 500 shipped. I am ready to let them go so I told him I would do 600 plus shipping if he bought them right away, 650 if he waits. I was actually thinking of doing $750, but I thought I would cut him a deal and get rid of them quick for both my garage and the forum members benefit.

He responds with a sneering "GLWS.." and proceeds to tell me my valuation of the wheels are off. He goes further to send me links to 3 ebay auctions for 17 inch wheel and tire combos (bmw) on no reserve auctions starting at 300, 450 and 500 bucks with 80$ shipping etc and no bids. The problem is that all of the setups are for a RWD and the availability of XI is not available at that price. He showed no xi comparables because ebay has none right now less than 1k.

I valued the wheels as so:

TPMS sensors and valves: $200 (function the same new or used and cannot go on a 2008+ without these sensors without codes0
Center caps: $50
Tires: $160 ($40 per tire)
Wheels: $240 ($60 per wheel)
$50 discount for quick purchase

$600 fair, right? Cheap even...

To me this is dirt cheap for a stock setup...Am I crazy or is this deal more than fair?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

I am not sure
But i will definitely change all 4 x tires if i bought a used wheels from someone,
unless they are in tip top condition with 85%+ tread left.

And i dont normally see people will count "wheel cap" when they sell the wheels,
they dont worth any money really.

I think if you offer him 550 + 50 shipping, that will be a more attractive deal for him.
Just my thought and goodluck with your sale
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

550 is fair for a stock setup... If it makes you feel better keep the TPMS

550$. + shipping I mean
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

center caps arent worth anything. the tires arent worth anything but the TPMS is a lot!!!! It's more like $220 so paying $380 more for wheels isnt too bad. But let's say TPMS is used, $150, wheels, $400, $550 seems a fair price plus shipping. Shipping is more like $100 or more. $550 picked up would be best but it's usually hard. For $500 shipped, I'd rather keep it and use it as a coffee table. Honestly, OEM wheels arent worth much except for the M wheels and the 167s but $500 shipped is not a good price for you. I'll wait it out and see when someone wants these or when u want to part out your car, u still have these stockers.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Senior Members

I think the price, including TPMS sensors is a good price.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmw021
OK...I am posting this because I want to be fair and balanced, offer a good deal to a fellow forum member but also not get ripped off.

A member on this forum is looking for xi 17 inch stock setup for his ride. I pm'd him after seeing his WTB in classifieds letting him know that I have a set I would part with available. The wheels have tpms sensors and valves ($200), center caps, are in 8/10 condition with no bends or major marks, just a few scratches here and there.. bare four tires mounted and balanced with atleast 30-40% treadlife left or about 10,000 miles (goodyear rsa's - not runflats). Wheels are style 123 with xi offset. I asked him what his offer was and he offered 500 shipped. I am ready to let them go so I told him I would do 600 plus shipping if he bought them right away, 650 if he waits. I was actually thinking of doing $750, but I thought I would cut him a deal and get rid of them quick for both my garage and the forum members benefit.

He responds with a sneering "GLWS.." and proceeds to tell me my valuation of the wheels are off. He goes further to send me links to 3 ebay auctions for 17 inch wheel and tire combos (bmw) on no reserve auctions starting at 300, 450 and 500 bucks with 80$ shipping etc and no bids. The problem is that all of the setups are for a RWD and the availability of XI is not available at that price. He showed no xi comparables because ebay has none right now less than 1k.

I valued the wheels as so:

TPMS sensors and valves: $200 (function the same new or used and cannot go on a 2008+ without these sensors without codes0
Center caps: $50
Tires: $160 ($40 per tire)
Wheels: $240 ($60 per wheel)
$50 discount for quick purchase

$600 fair, right? Cheap even...

To me this is dirt cheap for a stock setup...Am I crazy or is this deal more than fair?
Just to clarify, the 123s are 18'' not 17''. Are you selling the 123 7 spoke 18s? Or the 5 star 17'' 138s?

This is a fair price for either set of wheels, in any case. The person buying is probably just trying to low ball, or they have no use the for TPMS and don't factor those stupid little things into the equation.

In any case, GLWS!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

If its the same individual, he responded to a post I made that I was thinking of selling my 17" xi setup as well. He thinks the going rate for ALL 17" e60 setups is $400-$500, xi fitment or not. I would hold out for your price; you'll eventually get it because its not out of line.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Members

Thanks guys, it seems I am right on with $600 +shipping or within $50 bucks of the general consensus. Member UCLA95 is just a low baller fighting over $100 bucks. I won't do business with him now regardless as I don't need to sell, I was just trying to fill his need and give a fair price. He sent me a message that says the following this morning

"Dude the wheels are the same with the exception of the offset. There's no way there should be ANY price difference between them! Your explanations make no sense.And as for the negotiation I gave you my best price up front, a price which is frankly more generous than the ebay auctions considering they all have new tires and yours are almost bald."

I don't know how 40% tread is almost bald, there is almost 12 months of driving depending how much someone drives..I told him to go to ebay and get his deal. BTW - why is he looking to buy my bald tires if there are ones available on ebay with new tires for the same price......My guess is that there is not, I just searched ebay and the xi wheels are non-existent.

oh well. forum beware, seems like a shady cat.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Jason - I'll buy your 123's for $200 shipped, deal or no deal? GLWS homie!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

i sold mine for like 450$ last year with brand new tires last year (i needed room in my garage) and i regret it....

dont sell to that guy he sounds like a dick anyway. let him go get a few other offers from other people and he will be back, if not fuck him... stay firm on ur price if thats what you want to get. someone will be willing to pay.

Quick Reply: Ok - Am I not being reasonable - Input needed