E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Offsets and Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to see if someone could clear up some confusing things I've been seeing. First, I've been looking at the MORR VS8.2 wheels for a while now. I frequently see used sets for sale on 3 series forums off of 335i's with offsets ET35 and ET36 -- which are the recommended offsets for the 535XI for these wheels. The best I can tell, there is no reason these wheels shouldn't fit just because they came from a E9x, right? It seems a lot of them even have the same recommended tire sizes too, but that I am not so worried about for now.

When I've talked to a few vendors about pricing.. the seem to keep quoting me higher numbers for the E60. One example that you can see online is:

http://gtbperformance.gostorego.com/...ch-wheels.html

It's +$600 or anything that's not E9x. However, AFAIK the E60 XI models would be the same offsets as the E9x ... so I am guessing I could get away with buying the wheels listed for the E9x with those ET35/ET36 offsets and not have a problem. Is this a correct assumption? Also, is there any particular reason model of the car would add $150 per wheel? Is there any reason a wheel would be made stronger or something for the E60 vs E9x? As in.. it could be the same size and offsets but not strong enough for the heavier vehicle .. or is that not the case? I wouldn't think just changing the offset of the wheel would be such a cost difference.. what am I missing?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crypto
I wanted to see if someone could clear up some confusing things I've been seeing. First, I've been looking at the MORR VS8.2 wheels for a while now. I frequently see used sets for sale on 3 series forums off of 335i's with offsets ET35 and ET36 -- which are the recommended offsets for the 535XI for these wheels. The best I can tell, there is no reason these wheels shouldn't fit just because they came from a E9x, right? It seems a lot of them even have the same recommended tire sizes too, but that I am not so worried about for now.

When I've talked to a few vendors about pricing.. the seem to keep quoting me higher numbers for the E60. One example that you can see online is:

http://gtbperformance.gostorego.com/...ch-wheels.html

It's +$600 or anything that's not E9x. However, AFAIK the E60 XI models would be the same offsets as the E9x ... so I am guessing I could get away with buying the wheels listed for the E9x with those ET35/ET36 offsets and not have a problem. Is this a correct assumption? Also, is there any particular reason model of the car would add $150 per wheel? Is there any reason a wheel would be made stronger or something for the E60 vs E9x? As in.. it could be the same size and offsets but not strong enough for the heavier vehicle .. or is that not the case? I wouldn't think just changing the offset of the wheel would be such a cost difference.. what am I missing?

Offset won't change pricing as long as the diameter does not change for the VS8.2
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LACSTER1
Offset won't change pricing as long as the diameter does not change for the VS8.2
So it turns out the offsets do. The ET22 offsets cost more (this is from Morr teling me this). A lot of the websites do pricing that says 335i pricing or E60 pricing ($400 more for E60 pricing) that's with respect to offsets (they assume ET22 for E60). The XI/AWD runs the same offsets as the 335i (ET35/36) -- so the E60 XI guys can order the "335i" version of the wheels and be fine.. it's about $400 cheaper total (19" order).