E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

OEM Parts supplier?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

Hey all, I'm a new member to the E60 club and I've been inspired by all the sick rides on the forum. So, considering I'm taking possession of my car in two days, I'm planning my mods accordingly .

First off - Smile booster, MP3 Adapter (cutting edge, I know), and a set of m166's. My savings account hates you all, just a FYI.

Anyway, my problem is OEM parts are stupidly expensive here. For instance - Ipod adapter - almost $900US... Whatever. New Idrive knob with the leather insert, $250 bucks! But the biggest shock was the m166 rims. $2,850US for the set! The bastards in Abu Dhabi wanted over 3 grand US! And no, that didn't include tires.

I asked about this in another forum but you guys are the modders so I figure you'll have the line on the reasonable OEM parts places that'll ship to Dubai. Yeah, I've already emailed Garry but as I understand it, he only ships internationally to Canada (is that really international? ).

I'm on the lookout for a local source but so far all I found were knockoffs, which I'm not even willing to consider.

Here's a pic. As you can see, it needs some wheels..... badly. Help!

-Dirk
Attached Thumbnails OEM Parts supplier?-545i_profile_web.jpg  
Old 07-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 04' 525i in Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='628441' date='Jul 21 2008, 12:06 AM
Smile booster
Where do u get one of these? I would find these really helpful during uni exam periods

anyhow, congrats on the car! u'll love it
Old 07-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='628441' date='Jul 20 2008, 10:06 AM
Hey all, I'm a new member to the E60 club and I've been inspired by all the sick rides on the forum. So, considering I'm taking possession of my car in two days, I'm planning my mods accordingly .

First off - Smile booster, MP3 Adapter (cutting edge, I know), and a set of m166's. My savings account hates you all, just a FYI.

Anyway, my problem is OEM parts are stupidly expensive here. For instance - Ipod adapter - almost $900US... Whatever. New Idrive knob with the leather insert, $250 bucks! But the biggest shock was the m166 rims. $2,850US for the set! The bastards in Abu Dhabi wanted over 3 grand US! And no, that didn't include tires.

I asked about this in another forum but you guys are the modders so I figure you'll have the line on the reasonable OEM parts places that'll ship to Dubai. Yeah, I've already emailed Garry but as I understand it, he only ships internationally to Canada (is that really international? ).

I'm on the lookout for a local source but so far all I found were knockoffs, which I'm not even willing to consider.

-Dirk
Dirk -
Welcome! Is that a 5er w/ Amethyst Gray? It sure looks like one. There are only 2 have been seen here so far (incl mine).
Anyway, you should try quad_m (tony) for the rims, even though he is not a popular guy lately. He does ship rims internationally. Just make sure to ask for a firm delivery date before making payment with credit card. Keep all your correspondence in case of dispute. quad_m should be alright if you are only getting rims from him, I hope. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

You can try the following OEM parts suppliers that are on Ebay.com. Both ship internationally:

bmwofbloomfield
http://www.bmwofbloomfield.com/

&

roveractive
(roveractive@verizon.net)

Do let me know how you get on with either of these.

Be careful to consider any UAE import duties you might have to pay on all but the smallest of items.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman' post='628486' date='Jul 20 2008, 07:45 PM
Dirk -
Welcome! Is that a 5er w/ Amethyst Gray? It sure looks like one. There are only 2 have been seen here so far (incl mine).
Anyway, you should try quad_m (tony) for the rims, even though he is not a popular guy lately. He does ship rims internationally. Just make sure to ask for a firm delivery date before making payment with credit card. Keep all your correspondence in case of dispute. quad_m should be alright if you are only getting rims from him, I hope. Good luck!
Yup, a 545 with the brown/purplish/not so gray! It was funny, the lady on the phone was trying to describe it to me before I went and saw it, I thought she was on shrooms or something. I don't know that I would have picked it out of a line up but considering how hard a good 530+ is to find here, I wasn't going to let a little thing like a strange color dissuade me! And it's grown on me a lot, it's super unique as you said. It's the only one I've seen in Dubai with that color, which is nice because there is a LEGION of BMW's in this town, so I've got a head start on standing out .

And I'll have to do some research with this guy, not exactly the best recommendation I've ever heard . But thanks, none the less. Caveat emptor and all that.

I just found that if I install a body kit, I have to register it with the Dubai Police...

Anyway.... Here's a couple of more crappy pics!

-Dirk
Attached Thumbnails OEM Parts supplier?-545i_rear_web.jpg   OEM Parts supplier?-545i_front.jpg  
Old 07-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums. good luck with the mods.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='628441' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:06 AM

-Dirk

Get your M166's from Garry of Newport BMW. Mine are arriving on Wednesday. It was a good deal at about $1550 w/o shipping. Don't forget you're going to need 4 new air sensors for each rim as well which is another $240 or so dollars. Unless you want to yank out the air sensors from your stock wheels.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='628539
Get your M166's from Garry of Newport BMW. Mine are arriving on Wednesday. It was a good deal at about $1550 w/o shipping. Don't forget you're going to need 4 new air sensors for each rim as well which is another $240 or so dollars. Unless you want to yank out the air sensors from your stock wheels.
I've emailed Garry, we'll see if he'll ship to Dubai. As far as I've read, he only does north america, but we'll see . Thanks for the tip about the air sensors, that's something I indeed did not know! And if the price increase holds true here, it'll likely be an extra grand or something!

You know, this whole BMW obsession is, well.. nuts. I haven't even GOT the damn car yet and I've spent days online researching everything from longevity and crash ratings to how to upgrade my angeleyes! It's completely under my skin and I'm just in love with the car. The lady selling it let me borrow it for a few hours to tool around in, and it's just... fun. But the cup holders still piss me off . Too funny .

The search continues . And thanks for the warm welcome!

-Dirk
Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Contact Alex Neetzel <bmw-chromteile@web.de> he can supply BMW OEM parts and ships worldwide.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='628580' date='Jul 20 2008, 02:03 PM
Don't forget you're going to need 4 new air sensors for each rim as well which is another $240 or so dollars.
I believe his car has FTM, not TPMS, and therefore he will not need sensors in the rims.

Quick Reply: OEM Parts supplier?