E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Not real Miro Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Guys/Gals,

I just came across this article on the Website for ALT Wheels, which I am assuming is the parent company of Miro? Not sure. But they allegedly report one of our vendors on this site is not selling Miro Wheels to their customers, but are telling hte customers they are Miro. I am not taking sides on this. I came across the below article and figured I would share with fellow members as replicas are are cheaper alternative to OEM wheels. Hopefully the vendor in question can clear this up for us. Let's keep an open mind to this issue.

http://www.altwheels.com/article.php?id=33

Announcement for consumers purchasing MiRo Wheels

To all respected and loyal MiRo customers , we thank you for your support and dedication to our MiRo European inspired wheel designs thru the years and look forward to being able to serve you well in the future.

In order to do this we would like to inform all retail and wholesale consumers that there are companies that are claiming to sell MiRo Design wheels on their web sites that are not authorized dealers. Please be very careful when purchasing from these dealers.

One of these companies in question is JLevi Streetwerks located in northern California. They are not an AUTHORIZED dealer of MiRo Design wheels. We have received several complaints from customers stating they have purchased authentic MiRo Design wheels from an authorized dealer and found out, after their purchases, that the products were not from MiRo Design. Consumers that have purchased from JLevi Streetwerks please be advised you are NOT purchasing authentic MiRo Design wheels. You are not receiving the quality, fitment and R&D that we have so long strived to bring forth to our valued customers.

This is a public service announcement. Please be advised when purchasing from retail dealers or wholesale dealers verbally or in writing ask that your are getting an original MiRo Design wheel that you are paying so graciously for.

Once again, we thank you for your support and hope that this has not inconvienced any consumers that have purchased MiRo Design wheels from Jlevi Streetwerks.

We encourage all consumers to contact us directly if there are any questions. Thanks for your time in this matter.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I'm not to related to either... I've seen it in e90post... I think it's been awhile... seems to started there...
Old 06-25-2008, 04:57 AM
Contributors

I apologize if this is a repost or common knowledge. Thank you for the heads up. I am assuming all has been straightened out by now.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by ' post='609623' date='Jun 25 2008, 07:46 PM
To all respected and loyal MiRo customers , we thank you for your support and dedication to our MiRo European inspired wheel designs thru the years and look forward to being able to serve you well in the future.

-------We have received several complaints from customers stating they have purchased authentic MiRo Design wheels from an authorized dealer and found out, after their purchases, that the products were not from MiRo Design. Consumers that have purchased from JLevi Streetwerks please be advised you are NOT purchasing authentic MiRo Design wheels.
Eh.... somehow this all seems a bit funny to me -- Miro, a maker of 'European Design - inspired' wheels is complaining about products from another company that is basically doing the same as what they are doing to OEM BMW, etc.

'Authentic' MiRo designs..... You mean the authentic 167 designs that they 'inspired' from BMW....?

All of the above is just my observation and no harm meant to any parties so no need to blast me for these comments. LOL
Old 06-25-2008, 05:13 AM
Contributors

Big Mike,

I think you are misunderstanding their claim. It is nt the fact that they are selling "Reps", it's the fact they are calling them Miro Reps when in fact Miro did not design nor create those wheels. As you can imagine, many companies are producing reps. Miro, Moven etc. I guess their beef is with the vendor saying these a re Miro Reps when in fact they are not.

Again, I am just bringing this to everyone's attention as I read it yesteday on their site. These are alleged allegations and I have no side in this matter. For all I know, this may have been resolved.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

wow, JLevi is pretty reputable, I wonder what they have to say about this
Old 06-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Senior Members

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to clarify. Miro has had this up on their website for quite sometime now and it's quite comical really. We still carry Authentic Miro Wheels and have for the past several years. Anyone local can stop on by our showroom to see our display units as well as the Miro boxes in the back Here is a full explanation for more info:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109845

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly with any questions or concerns:

Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Contributors

Thanks for clearing that up Nick. I knew it couldn't be true. I was hoping you would chime in.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Contributors

Thats the caveat with buying replica wheels, you never know FOR CERTAIN who they're made by. From what I've heard/seen from JLevi customer's, its a stand-up company that sells genuine products. I'm sure they know better than to pull one over on our forum members!

Quick Reply: Not real Miro Wheels?