E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

not again pass res error

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sup guys, I just returned from vacation yesterday, took my car for a light spin parked up and went to eat at a restaurant after dining I return and start my car to be welcomed by another passenger res error .

Here's some background info when I bought the car the owner told me that the error had just popped up one day and how it was the seat mat sensor which was causing the problem, he told me he never got around to taking it to bmw because he had been too busy but to feel free and research the problem online and confirm that it was a problem that could easily be fixed under recall just by taking the car to bmw. so I bought the car and took the car in to get the pass res error fixed, bmw tells me that actually no the problem isn't the seat mat and how it was my explosive battery terminal needed to be changed cost approximately 500-600 bucks. Long story short I took the car to an indie for a second opinion and he pretty much cleared the error and it never returned for about a year, when the same error returned I had familiarized myself with inpa and this time I cleared it myself and the error hadn't returned until last night.

this morning I go load up inpa on my laptop armed and ready to clear this error and this time after I clear it I see the lights go away on the dash I shut off the car and let it sleep but unfortunately when I returned the error was right back again, I repeated to clear it again but with the same results. Any suggestions, is there anyway I could use inpa to specifically tell me what module is being problematic? not some coded letters and numbers
Old 08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

why dont u bring it over so I can put it on the computer again
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

good luck with that shit. i've had that problem on my 2004 e60 (11/03 build). had the seat sensor replaced multiple times at the dealer when it was under warranty. even had the whole passenger seat replaced under warranty. didn't seem to do a damn thing. soon enough my warranty expired, and I had the light cleared twice at BMS (local indy) but that didn't do much as it kept coming back on. i then called BMW-NA to see if they would do something about it, but they refused, as did the dealer we purchased the car from. pain in the ass with all these f'ing error codes and what not, but it's the price we pay for the cars we choose to drive. afaik, that light only indicates that if, god forbid, you were to get in an accident, the passenger air bag will not deploy. i could be wrong though. in any case, good luck bro.