E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NON-OEM LCI Type Ebay Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1094720' date='Jan 21 2010, 01:15 AM
OK if the expectation is that these cables are going to be in the $50-100 price range, then I'll stop now - that's never going to happen. These are not bits of wire that you are buying, these are modules with a shed load of electronics components shoved into them complete with BMW plugs and connectors.
[unsubscribed]
Old 01-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1094720' date='Jan 21 2010, 02:15 AM
OK if the expectation is that these cables are going to be in the $50-100 price range, then I'll stop now - that's never going to happen. These are not bits of wire that you are buying, these are modules with a shed load of electronics components shoved into them complete with BMW plugs and connectors.
Bruce, don't get me wrong I know these are more than just a few cables and I think the price is fair. I was just simply stating that I think the reason why there isn't as much interest is because the cables are nearly the cost of the lights themselves and the people who would be purchasing these lights are the same people who find it hard to fork over $800-$1000 for OEM lights. I'm just speaking from what I think is the reason for the lack of interest, maybe some other members here can express how they feel.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

socale39, you very well could be right. But, since I have the lights, and I want to improve the look, I am still hoping I can get the cables from Bruce to improve the look.

There are also others out there who have purchased these lights, and I would assume thye want to improve the look too. I can only hope they do anyways.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

I'm still interested in buying the cables
Old 01-23-2010, 10:11 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by socale39' post='1094895' date='Jan 21 2010, 09:07 AM
Bruce, don't get me wrong I know these are more than just a few cables and I think the price is fair. I was just simply stating that I think the reason why there isn't as much interest is because the cables are nearly the cost of the lights themselves and the people who would be purchasing these lights are the same people who find it hard to fork over $800-$1000 for OEM lights. I'm just speaking from what I think is the reason for the lack of interest, maybe some other members here can express how they feel.

I would love to pull off this mod!!! Just cant swing it right now. I don't think it is bruce's cables alone I think the work that it took to craft the module is worth the price however when combined with buying the LCI lights (cheapest i found was 540 from gary in newport plus shipping) you are looking at 1k pretty much. I am hoping that someone will buy a nice present for graduating law school this year hint hint PAPA GQ i know your in this forum somewhere HINT HINT But ya i feel you socal. I dont think its a lack of interest its simple people who can afford to drop a G on the light conversion will those who cant wont.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Members

My Ride: White 2004 545i sport

Originally Posted by socale39' post='1094895' date='Jan 21 2010, 09:07 AM

I'm with him... unfortunately

The bottom line is, the longer anyone waits, the more and more the OEM LCI tails lights will depreciate in value since there will be alot more available(new and used).
Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ericdiver' post='1093192
There is a couple of oem lights only for about $300 400 used on eBay then u need a Bruce resistor kit or whatever for $200 or so
Try $699 for OEM tails and $400 for Bruce's cables.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='1096334' date='Jan 23 2010, 12:18 PM
AND THEY HAVE BACKUP LIGHTS!!! Durrrrrrrrr? The replica's don't even have reverse lights which is illegal.

Try $699 for OEM tails and $400 for Bruce's cables.

If you actually looked at the ebay lights, they do have reverse lights, they are just in a different position...

I don't understand how most of the people slamming on these ebay lights don't even get their information right before they say anything.

And is there even any dead horse left to beat??

We get the point, aftermarket lights/cables are $500, and the OEMs/cables are $1000, either way its not cheap but for crying out loud, you drive a BMW, nothing is going to be cheap, even if prices depreciate.

Can we just appreciate that Bruce took his time, money and effort to develop cables to improve the ebay lights and either buy them or not?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I've been trying to explore options of making these cables cheaper. One thing that I have managed to find just out of sheer luck is that I may be able to reuse some of the contacts from the V6 LCI cables on these cables. This means that I dont have to buy special crimps just for these and you guys get the benefit. I buy the V6 crimps in bulk anyway. That in itself has knocked about ?10 off the estimated price.

Ofcourse all those who have paid the deposit will benefit from these. I should have the first few sets ready next week. Now that I have a better camera too I hope I can show you what these cables do to the lights.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Thanks Bruce for hanging in there with us. I hope I am one of the lucky recipients of those new cables. I promise to post pictures once installed.

BTW, after putting the Clear tail lights on and off and then the Smoked on and off, I decided to go with the Clear, and shipped the Smoked back to the seller. So, anyone hoping for a pair of Smoked, a pair is on its way and likely available as long as they add the missing gasket. The gaskets that came with the Clear set were not affixed, they actually still had the backing on the adheasive side. So, I was able to affix them where I felt was correct.

OEM, no they are not, but I really like these as an alternative.

Quick Reply: NON-OEM LCI Type Ebay Tail Lights