E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, i just bought y 1st BMW, 2007 530i.. its black with more options then i ever needed, like night vision front camera.. i have a few questions..

im ordering the white halo bulbs for my current halos that are yellow, although i noticed tthe car has DRL (day running lights) i notice most bmws now dont have that drl, can i just take the bulbs out or what to keep them off if i just want the halos on?

why are these bulbs 100 bucks?? dont get my wrong here i dont wanna do this cheap just seen some alot cheaper.

some as these black kidney grills 65 on trinity autosport 35 on ebay.. again just curious what people have, just dont wanna over spend or buy crappy products. so lookin for feed back here.

how about these bmc filters and rpi scoops,.worth it?? this is my dd i have a wrx track car nkt looking for speed here but i do need to change the filter anyway.. how do you guys like these??

lastly wheels.. whats a good website for some...??
Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

First off congrats and welcome. The day lights can be adjusted and set up by your local dealer. Second always almost get ready to buy the more costly mod the first time or else you'll be buying the better product second time around or wishing you would have while being pissed at yourself. The angel rings cost that much due to them being LED. 90% of the stuff on ebay sucks so don't use ebay to customize your new BMW. That's not always true but spend $50 more for a product that will bring out your $50,000 BMW. Take a look at bimmian.com and use trinity. Good luck bro
Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Members

thanks foe the input. ill stick with trinity then. i also do want thw m5 front and rear bumper with rear spoiler any idea what is the best place to buy it??
Old 05-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Instead of the M5 kit get yourself an OEM m tech kit. Very similar to the m5 kit but it was made to fit our non m5's. I got my from frank at motorwerks in Minnesota shipped to Chicago. $1200 with tax n shipping.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 528i - 6MT: MSport Facia with Spoiler: Haman Side Ground Effects: Rear Trunk Spoiler: Breyton 19" Wheels: AFE Pro R 5 CAI: Remus Muffler

I have a 2010 528i and I added the Remus muffler and the AFE Cool Air intake and it added about 10hp per my dino read out. Considering a remap later. Additionally, I added the Hamann Side skirts and M5 front bumper from Bavarian Auto and a rear spoiler. I got my 19" wheels with matching tires from Tire Rack. Hopefully the attached file will give you a picture of what I did. If you like it then feel free to go that route if not just have fun with your 530.
Attached Thumbnails newbie questions-dscn3634.jpg  
Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 04' 545i Sport Mystic Blue

Nice ride Tlewis, those 19's look small for some reason. I think it's the gap between the tire and firewall in the front. Might be the angle of the picture. Either way very nice setup.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

06 530i vossen wheels. hankook tires mods purchased from trinity motorsports, acute performance, motorcepts in ny. ebay has alot of knockoffs and cheap shit but some of the stuff is the same shit but i would buy from forum venders to b safe. not to much u can do to these cars for added power.
Attached Thumbnails newbie questions-l_g22011513141043.jpg   newbie questions-bmw.png  
Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 04' 545i Sport Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by dchojecki
hey guys, i just bought y 1st BMW, 2007 530i.. its black with more options then i ever needed, like night vision front camera.. i have a few questions..

im ordering the white halo bulbs for my current halos that are yellow, although i noticed tthe car has DRL (day running lights) i notice most bmws now dont have that drl, can i just take the bulbs out or what to keep them off if i just want the halos on?

why are these bulbs 100 bucks?? dont get my wrong here i dont wanna do this cheap just seen some alot cheaper.
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car.

Not sure about the other mods you have in question but I recently purchased a set of ICE VXX from Umnitza and they look great. I have some before and after pics put they were taken with my phone so the qullity is not there. But I would gladly purchase these again.

http://www.umnitza.com/umnitza-ice-v...wl-p-6041.html
Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Welcome!! Trinity Autosports has great prices and well build products.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW fanatic
Instead of the M5 kit get yourself an OEM m tech kit. Very similar to the m5 kit but it was made to fit our non m5's. I got my from frank at motorwerks in Minnesota shipped to Chicago. $1200 with tax n shipping.
awesome wheels, i like that m tech kit..i bet those tires aren't cheap...

Quick Reply: newbie questions