E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: New Wheel Option
Keep the current setup
16.67%
swap and refinish the new wheels w/ Polished lip and Brushed Gold centers
58.33%
Make the swap and leave them black
25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

New Wheel Test Fit. Thoughts? Forgiato Maglia 20''

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

You already know how I feel lol.

If you get it and re-color, please don't do gold.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
Im with you on the gold, definitley stands out n keeps you original. The brushed face is cool, I just dont like to much shiny stuff. Thats why I hate ALL chrome wheels, the brushed with chrome lip reminds me of a chrome wheel to much. I see people with it on cars and it looks great tho I cant lie. Something about a black wheel w/ polished lip to me makes the car look mean bro gives some contrast. ALL black is to easy people who dont know anything about cars thats the first thing they revert too (think im just tired of seeing ALL black on any and everything). BUT I WILL SAY, depending on the wheel it looks crazy. Never heard of Aristo but I'll take a look for sure. Ive been twiddling my thumbs about these varrstoens going to PC the centers, just waiting to finish this suspension project on my car which just came in and im going to change my set up. Im also worried about 20x10 up front on a non M et15 you think Ill be ok? they make a 9 but thats to close to an 8.5 I hate it. Didnt know much about wheels/offsets when I first got my car (thank god for this forum). Those forgiato's the concavity makes those wheels, what are the specs? If U dont want them let a brother know. BTW sorry for the essay, lol
20x10 in front w/ an et15 is crazy pushing it. Matter a fact I don't think it would work. You gotta be aggressively rolled and pulled to make that happen. I don't know what the specs are to the forgiatos but I was surprised as hell to see that they weren't nearly as flush as my existing setup. The 11's in the back had enough room that I fit a 10mm spacer in there while the 9.5 fit nice and snug in the front. Maybe I could have put a 5mm spacer there but I didnt bother. Anyways, The wheels are at Memoryfab here in the Bay waiting for my go-ahead on a color choice. It's gunna be a tossup. Still unsure but, as always, it will be a spur of the moment thing. If I pass on them I'll holla at you.

Last edited by devildawg712; 05-14-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by devildawg712
20x10 in front w/ an et15 is crazy pushing it. Matter a fact I don't think it would work. You gotta be aggressive rolled and pulled to make that happen. I don't know what the specs are to the forgiatos but I was surprised as hell to see that they weren't nearly as flush as my existing setup. The 11's in the back looked had enough room that I fit a 10mm spacer in there while the 9.5 fit nice and snug in the front. Maybe I could have put a 5mm spacer there but I didnt bother. Anyways, The wheels are at Memoryfab here in the Bay waiting for my go-ahead on a color choice. It's gunna be a tossup. Still unsure but, as always, it will be a spur of the moment thing. If I pass on them I'll holla at you.
Daamn... I was hoping you didnt say that. Would 20x10 work with a different offset say ET25 or 35, I would go with a sqaure set up and put what I have in the rear up front to get the lip from the 10. I love my rims I just hate the 8.5 bro looks horrible. Were the Forgiato's built for another car? Maybe that could be it. I ran through a couple post from you, what set up did you have on your car went it was Matte grey (tire and wheel)? The stretch on those looked sick, how was the ride tho? If I were you I'd leave BUT you have to drive the whip. The gold was different tho, but Im a sucker for black man. You probably saw this but these are similiar to them Forgi's dont know how you dont like that, lol(scroll down on the page)..... https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-di...128133/page13/
Old 05-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Daamn... I was hoping you didnt say that. Would 20x10 work with a different offset say ET25 or 35, I would go with a sqaure set up and put what I have in the rear up front to get the lip from the 10. I love my rims I just hate the 8.5 bro looks horrible. Were the Forgiato's built for another car? Maybe that could be it. I ran through a couple post from you, what set up did you have on your car went it was Matte grey (tire and wheel)? The stretch on those looked sick, how was the ride tho? If I were you I'd leave BUT you have to drive the whip. The gold was different tho, but Im a sucker for black man. You probably saw this but these are similiar to them Forgi's dont know how you dont like that, lol(scroll down on the page)..... https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-di...128133/page13/

The sizes for those DPE's I was running was 9.5 in the front and 11 in the rear,. Pretty much the same as the forgiatos. Only thing different is that those were specially made to be stanced. (stretched and poking on a lowered e60) These wheels were originally on an M5. My front and rear fenders were rolled and pulled so that probably explains why I had plenty of room once I mounted them on. My current setup is also made with super low offsets so yea. I guess the next set I get, if not this one, will definitely be a wider wheel but higher offsets.

Keep in mind with the route you're going tho, that if you want to run that 10" wheel upfront and try to counter it with high offsets, you're sacrificing moving the wheel inside and that means your inner barrel will probably be hitting your strut.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by devildawg712
The sizes for those DPE's I was running was 9.5 in the front and 11 in the rear,. Pretty much the same as the forgiatos. Only thing different is that those were specially made to be stanced. (stretched and poking on a lowered e60) These wheels were originally on an M5. My front and rear fenders were rolled and pulled so that probably explains why I had plenty of room once I mounted them on. My current setup is also made with super low offsets so yea. I guess the next set I get, if not this one, will definitely be a wider wheel but higher offsets.

Keep in mind with the route you're going tho, that if you want to run that 10" wheel upfront and try to counter it with high offsets, you're sacrificing moving the wheel inside and that means your inner barrel will probably be hitting your strut.

Yea that explains a lot why they fit different. If you have room with those then you must be able to fit some SH*T up under there, limitless if you wanna go there my rears are rolled but I they need to be done over the guy I went to was playing it safe and just fixed my rub issue instead of making it so I never have to get it done again (newbie issue at that time). What tires sizes were you running with those DPE's? Never had a problem with potholes or speed with that much of a stretch? That's the look im going for gotta have it but don't want to sacrifice functionality to much its my DD and I like speed. i'll probably settle with the 9 not sure tho. 225 on a 10 is too much stretch and I don't want to buy new tires of front just got a pair. I will for the rear tho.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Senior Members

Yea that explains a lot why they fit different. If you have room with those then you must be able to fit some SH*T up under there, limitless if you wanna go there my rears are rolled but I they need to be done over the guy I went to was playing it safe and just fixed my rub issue instead of making it so I never have to get it done again (newbie issue at that time). What tires sizes were you running with those DPE's? Never had a problem with potholes or speed with that much of a stretch? That's the look im going for gotta have it but don't want to sacrifice functionality to much its my DD and I like speed. i'll probably settle with the 9 not sure tho. 225 on a 10 is too much stretch and I don't want to buy new tires of front just got a pair. I will for the rear tho.
my tire sizes were ridiculous. I was running 225 u p front and 255 in the rear. Needless to say, the sheer pleasure of owning a BMW was non existent during that time span. It was a look that was cool for a minute and grew old and tired just as fast.