E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New summer wheels ordered - 20" Iconz

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i

sick wheel, good choice
Old 02-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

NICE!!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

I saw your wheels and could not resist my impulse! Call it temporary insanity?

Anyways, I ordered these from Daniel today in silver and chrome lips (960ZR:19/9 Front, 19/10 in Rear, 40 rivets ).

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zp781s.jpg

http://themodcity.com/product.php?ID=671

I am putting these on my 530i hopefully soon!

What do you think, guys? Did I make a good decision???

Thank you for all your suggesions!

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Hello folks!

I finally had the courage to pull the trigger to go with the 20" wheels next summer!
I've got plenty of help from few fellow members... So thank you a lot pjinca, xBMWx, PraiseTheLowered, pablonam and Cwest !

I'm taking part with a group buy with few other Finnish BMW drivers, and we've got some great service from Daniel at TheModCity.com. What an awesome guy!

So, the wheels are going to be the Iconz 830ZRC with the matte black finish at the center:

And here's a quick photoshop about how it should (hopefully) look like (pablonam I hope you don't mind using your picture! ):

Can't wait the spring to come! At least 2½ months to go though, probably 3...

How do you like the wheels ?

- Antti -

ps. Sure Flat Eric's opinion was considered in the process...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by BIM530I
I saw your wheels and could not resist my impulse! Call it temporary insanity?

Anyways, I ordered these from Daniel today in silver and chrome lips (960ZR:19/9 Front, 19/10 in Rear, 40 rivets ).

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zp781s.jpg

http://themodcity.com/product.php?ID=671

I am putting these on my 530i hopefully soon!

What do you think, guys? Did I make a good decision???

Thank you for all your suggesions!
Congratulations man! The wheel looks great!
Maybe a bit too classy for my taste with a silver center though... The design is great, but if they were for my car, I would add some sportiness/sharpness to them with a different color center. Anyway, a great choice !

At first I wanted to take a 9" front wheel too, but thanks to PraiseTheLowered, I went and checked the space between the strut/spring and the wheel/tire! --> I decided to go with a 8.5" front wheel to clear the strut. As you can see in my signature, I have KW coilovers and the space between the strut/spring and the wheel/tire may be a little smaller than with a regular strut and spring. I know there are lots of people who run a 9" wheel in front, but I didn't want to risk it, because the space would have been very thin in there!

- Antti -
Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

I copied you! :-) Thanks for posting the idea!

Yours is 20" and I think you made an excellent choice on the 8.5" for the front. Daniel suggested 9" for the front because I am going with 19". I know the 20" would look nicer. However, I don't want to be too careful when I am driving around with limited clearance for bumps.

I picked silver and chrome because silver matches my car. I wanted the chrome lips to give me some depth and more of a low profile/solid accent. I hope it does not look too classy like you said.

I think mine will be ready in 5 weeks. Why is yours taking longer?

Can you or anyone confirm that I would not need any spacers or other mods to keep the wheels from rubbing? My car is on BMW stock sports suspension.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Congratulations man! The wheel looks great!
Maybe a bit too classy for my taste with a silver center though... The design is great, but if they were for my car, I would add some sportiness/sharpness to them with a different color center. Anyway, a great choice !

At first I wanted to take a 9" front wheel too, but thanks to PraiseTheLowered, I went and checked the space between the strut/spring and the wheel/tire! --> I decided to go with a 8.5" front wheel to clear the strut. As you can see in my signature, I have KW coilovers and the space between the strut/spring and the wheel/tire may be a little smaller than with a regular strut and spring. I know there are lots of people who run a 9" wheel in front, but I didn't want to risk it, because the space would have been very thin in there!

- Antti -
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Contributors

I need to know the offsets that you're going with to confirm anything about fitment and possible rubbing.

I wrote 2½ - 3 months because I meant that I can not use any summer wheels before that because of our winter. I don't know the production time of the wheels yet.

- Antti -
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Members

I told Daniel that I don't want the wheels to rub and prefer not to add spacers or any modifications. I really don't want to put excessive weights on my brakes or wheel bearings. If they are going to custom build the new wheels for me, is it safe to assume they know what they are doing for the make and model of my car? What off sets do you or anyone think I should have?

I want to send an email to Daniel tonight. What questions should I ask?

Thank you in advance.

I need to know the offsets that you're going with to confirm anything about fitment and possible rubbing.

I wrote 2½ - 3 months because I meant that I can not use any summer wheels before that because of our winter. I don't know the production time of the wheels yet.

- Antti -
Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Senior Members

Awesome wheels. Good choice
Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BIM530I
I told Daniel that I don't want the wheels to rub and prefer not to add spacers or any modifications. I really don't want to put excessive weights on my brakes or wheel bearings. If they are going to custom build the new wheels for me, is it safe to assume they know what they are doing for the make and model of my car? What off sets do you or anyone think I should have?

I want to send an email to Daniel tonight. What questions should I ask?

Thank you in advance.
I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing and you don't need to worry.
However, if there's a need to use, let's say for example 5mm spacers, the added weight is minimal when comparing it to the weight differencies between different wheels.

One thing that I don't like about US wheel manufacturers is that they don't want to tell their offsets when you're letting them to make the wheels with their own specs. If you want to know the offsets of your wheels, you have to tell them the wanted specs lol! But then they will not guarantee the fitment so you have to be SURE about them.

I think you would be pretty safe with something like this:
- 9x20 ET18 (The strut will be very close to the tire though)
- 10x20 ET25
Others could chime in and tell their ideas/experiences.

- Antti -
Old 02-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Members

Anafin,

Thanks for the info.

To set the record straight, I am getting 19" wheels. The sizes are 19X9-Front and 19X10 for the rear. I will be putting 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 tires on them.

I want the car to look muscular and aggressive...

Can you or anyone please tell me if I am going to have to need spacers or do any kind of modifications to avoid tires rubbing?

Thank you in advance for your feedback or suggestions. :-)

Daniel

Quick Reply: New summer wheels ordered - 20" Iconz