E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Shoes for My AW E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Salutations to All that Drive the Five:

I have a 2008 N52 Alpine White. I finally pulled the plug and got 20" Miro 111 staggered set up (F8.5x20 +18 offset; R9.5x20 +18 offset) covered with Hankook Ventus V12 (F245/35/20; R275/30/20), and lowered with H&R sports springs. Here are few pics of how it came out.

Thanks to Nerwyll & Joe at Trinity Autosports (Tustin, CA) for the amazing customer service and competitive pricing. Good looks to Tony at Evasive Motorsports in Santa Fe Springs, CA. for installing everything.

Before (stock sports suspension, stock 18's all around with Dunlop Runflats)
Attached Thumbnails New Shoes for My AW E60-img_1473.jpg   New Shoes for My AW E60-img_1475.jpg   New Shoes for My AW E60-img_1477.jpg   New Shoes for My AW E60-img_1480.jpg   New Shoes for My AW E60-img_1478.jpg  

Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Looks fantastic. I was so close to pulling the trigger on those same wheels (20" Miro 111s in hypersilver). I went another route but a part of me still wants to pick up a set. Thanks for sharing your pics!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Looks fantastic. I was so close to pulling the trigger on those same wheels (20" Miro 111s in hypersilver). I went another route but a part of me still wants to pick up a set. Thanks for sharing your pics!
Thanks Kaizen. The Miros are a good wheel for a decent price. What wheels did you end up getting?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wtlb
Thanks Kaizen. The Miros are a good wheel for a decent price. What wheels did you end up getting?

I picked up OEM 166s and had a little custom work done to them. I got the idea from member Jcool (giving credit where it's due).
Attached Thumbnails New Shoes for My AW E60-dscn2427resized.jpg   New Shoes for My AW E60-dscn2417resized.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

I picked up OEM 166s and had a little custom work done to them. I got the idea from member Jcool (giving credit where it's due).
Your wheels look sweet!! I like the extra detail you put on them. How long did it take you to paint your brake calipers?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

its seems on this forum its either 111 or 166 lol looks great tho Im scared to drive on 20s in nyc I think your car would look even better with a wrapped roof in black or carbon
Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Senior Members

Your wheels look sweet!! I like the extra detail you put on them. How long did it take you to paint your brake calipers?
It shouldn't take too long for "normal" people but I tend to overdo things, haha. You want to make sure you use brake cleaner/degreaser and maybe a wire brush to clean them off well. I used a can of paint from autozone designed specifically for calipers. All in all I think it took me around 3 hours. Most of the time was spent waiting for the paint to dry. I believe I put on 2-3 light coats. There is a very good DIY in the DIY section.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

It shouldn't take too long for "normal" people but I tend to overdo things, haha. You want to make sure you use brake cleaner/degreaser and maybe a wire brush to clean them off well. I used a can of paint from autozone designed specifically for calipers. All in all I think it took me around 3 hours. Most of the time was spent waiting for the paint to dry. I believe I put on 2-3 light coats. There is a very good DIY in the DIY section.
Thanks for the insight. I think I might do this next, but in black/silver.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by spediegunz
its seems on this forum its either 111 or 166 lol looks great tho Im scared to drive on 20s in nyc I think your car would look even better with a wrapped roof in black or carbon
Thanks man. I have been entertaining the idea of wrapping the roof but not sold yet. Kinda light the all AW going on. We'll see though. I need to see more whips with black roof.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

Thanks man. I have been entertaining the idea of wrapping the roof but not sold yet. Kinda like the all AW going on. We'll see though. I need to see more whips with black roof.

Quick Reply: New Shoes for My AW E60