E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New NavWithTv Interface - from TvandNav2Go.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

Hi everyone,

I just purchased the new TVandNav2Go Interface for my 545 with 8.8 Nav screen..
I am trying to hook this thing up . I got all the wires in place except for the power. I dont have much experience with installations. What is the procedue for doing this. Theres a buncha colored cables how do i hook it to the cars power??

Thanks all for ur helps!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I know a little about this issue and some behind the scene information.... if you are not a car freak mechanic.... go and get it installed somewhere......
I know it is hard to say since his site is not online yet, but this is where Hobi is better... his interface is totaly plug and play for dummies..... including the power wire connector....

this kit you have from dominic requires cable cutting and that is totaly no good.....

honestly.... if you know nothing about car's electric go some proper place or you will end up messing the cars electrics....
Old 03-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

Wel i bought from NavWithTv.com, so Wats the story?!!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

You should just contact them personally..
Old 03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Members

I just need to know where to draw power from and what color the wire is!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Members

Exclamation

Hi Peter530i
Hope all is well.
The video mod Hobi uses is MY Video Mod. He does ALL the beta testing on the units. He is making a cable that taps the LCD screen power. I personally don't like to do this because I am not 100% sure how much current this wire can handle (from what I remember it is not fused), so I don't do it. This don't mean I am right or wrong, but to say the mod is no good is a bad statement. The mod is 100% pefect and no good has nothing to do with the fact that you have to tap power or not. You can see from the MANY forum members that have bought the units that they love them and the service we provide. If your are good with cars you car tap power from anywhere if not you should take it to a shop. Alpine545 feel free to call us at 718-763-7367 and we will help you.

Thanks and Best Regards Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='259925' date='Mar 25 2006, 02:33 PM
I know a little about this issue and some behind the scene information.... if you are not a car freak mechanic.... go and get it installed somewhere......
I know it is hard to say since his site is not online yet, but this is where Hobi is better... his interface is totaly plug and play for dummies..... including the power wire connector....

this kit you have from dominic requires cable cutting and that is totaly no good.....

honestly.... if you know nothing about car's electric go some proper place or you will end up messing the cars electrics....
Old 03-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by Alpine545' post='260415' date='Mar 26 2006, 09:55 PM
I just need to know where to draw power from and what color the wire is!
well that is the basic info the seller should tell you to begin with. Kind of useless without knowing this.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Members

Talking

Hi Peter530i
Hope all is well.
The buyer was told that they had to tap power. We tell everyone this. You can verify this with Alpine545. The buyer thought they could do it , but later said they couldn't. This is fine everyone is good at his or her own job. This is why people go into business to provide services that others people can't do. This has NOTHING to do with the quality of the unit. ANYONE on the forum that has done the install loves the unit and the quality including Hobi.

Thanks and Best Regards Dominic

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='260890' date='Mar 27 2006, 05:15 PM
well that is the basic info the seller should tell you to begin with. Kind of useless without knowing this.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Originally Posted by DomofNavwithtv' post='260883' date='Mar 28 2006, 12:03 AM
Hi Peter530i
Hope all is well.
The video mod Hobi uses is MY Video Mod. He does ALL the beta testing on the units. He is making a cable that taps the LCD screen power. I personally don't like to do this because I am not 100% sure how much current this wire can handle (from what I remember it is not fused), so I don't do it. This don't mean I am right or wrong, but to say the mod is no good is a bad statement. The mod is 100% pefect and no good has nothing to do with the fact that you have to tap power or not. You can see from the MANY forum members that have bought the units that they love them and the service we provide. If your are good with cars you car tap power from anywhere if not you should take it to a shop. Alpine545 feel free to call us at 718-763-7367 and we will help you.

Thanks and Best Regards Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com

Hi guys,

I did let my dealer to sort this out. Guess what, he just took the power from LCD screen cable. It's fused (#64). Works fine for me.

Cheers,