E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New MOD installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it work on pre-lci? I'm trying to stiffen the rear of my car.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Originally Posted by pinguhk
Like all things you need to try to know, just like the SBv2, say how good it is will nevery sell this item.
trust us it is worth every penny.
also I found that better on corners means less braking which mean use less fuel too on dayly drive
Trust me I have tried reinforment bars on my previous cars that I tracked and I felt minimal difference. To say it makes that much of a difference is basically stating that BMW E60 chassis flex way too much and I find that very hard to believe. There are a lot more points that account for more flex than what these bars provide. For instance, replacing rubber bushings for polyurethane makes a huge improvement and eliminates a lot of flex in the suspension.

Hey, if you guys felt a difference thats awesome and that's all that matters. And for the price its really good considering a typical strut bar goes for $200+
Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by socale39
Trust me I have tried reinforment bars on my previous cars that I tracked and I felt minimal difference. To say it makes that much of a difference is basically stating that BMW E60 chassis flex way too much and I find that very hard to believe. There are a lot more points that account for more flex than what these bars provide. For instance, replacing rubber bushings for polyurethane makes a huge improvement and eliminates a lot of flex in the suspension.

Hey, if you guys felt a difference thats awesome and that's all that matters.

were can I get the polyurethane to upgrade the rubber for our cars?
I what to do this mod.
I am a handing mod guy and less on power mods
Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

If you really don't believe it, if you are ever near El Paso, we should meet and swap cars for a ride. There are some nice scenic drives not too far from here. And if you are near in the warmer season we can go to New Mexico for some Fishin!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
If you really don't believe it, if you are ever near El Paso, we should meet and swap cars for a ride. There are some nice scenic drives not too far from here.

I do believe you that is why I asked, I always whated to change these.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I do believe you that is why I asked, I always whated to change these.
Not you bro I was talking to socale39 LOL.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
Not you bro I was talking to socale39 LOL.

o sorry

well to add our e60 dose flex too much, after all it is a big car unlike the small sports car or the 3er
Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545I SMG

Actually, the 5 series has been known to have a rather stiff chassis. Check the page below for further details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_5_Series_(E39)

Tony, I appreciate the offer, really I do. If you believe it changed the car I cant agrue with that as I cant speak from personal experience with this particular mod.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

were can I get the polyurethane to upgrade the rubber for our cars?
I what to do this mod.
I am a handing mod guy and less on power mods

Sorry Pingy, no one makes replacement poly bushings for our cars currently. I contacted a few companies that can do it but interest was limited so I dropped it.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by socale39

Hey, if you guys felt a difference thats awesome and that's all that matters. And for the price its really good considering a typical strut bar goes for $200+
here the prove that our E60 chassis flex way too much.
ricky in our HK e60 club has installed the M5 bars, if BMW design these bars then the chassis is not that stiff.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/112...4#entry1337484

Quick Reply: New MOD installed