E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New MOD installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

So I finally got to install the Ultra Racing Bars the Pingy did a group buy for. I was only able to install two of the three. For some reason, the last one just does not fit. I made a little video to audibly and visually explain the situation. Hopefully they just sent me the wrong one and we can get it fixed. I know it was not Pingy's fault btw.

As far as results. I PROMISE YOU THEY WORK! There is such a difference in the way my car handles now. The crazy thing is, I only have the two installed. I wonder how much better it would be with the third. I am glad I got this. It is like I have a new car with the Velocity booster, Ultra racing bars and the BMS Powerbox. I have had this car since the beginning of 2008 and it is a new car...

I am 95% happy. If the last bar would have fit, I think I would be at 100%

Here is the vid. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. And yes, they are in the right spots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm0Td_Qoc0
Old 04-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

This is probably because you have active roll stabilization.

When you equate the very little movement if any between these points that you are reinforcing, I highly doubt you are feeling any difference especially having active roll stabilization which takes away from the "feel" of the car.

Maybe its me but I'v never bought into these mods making as much of a difference as people claim.

Look damn good though
Old 04-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Trust me, I am the first and only owner of this car. The difference is very noticeable. I drove my friends E60 and t felt like a boat afterwards. Even he noticed the difference between my ride and his.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Congrats Tony, hope you get that 3rd bar sorted out soon.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Nice! You'll be doing 5min laps on the Nürburgring now
Old 04-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Contributors

I know... I hope they will work with me.

You are a Clown Krozi hahahha!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by tonymac
So I finally got to install the Ultra Racing Bars the Pingy did a group buy for. I was only able to install two of the three. For some reason, the last one just does not fit. I made a little video to audibly and visually explain the situation. Hopefully they just sent me the wrong one and we can get it fixed. I know it was not Pingy's fault btw.

As far as results. I PROMISE YOU THEY WORK! There is such a difference in the way my car handles now. The crazy thing is, I only have the two installed. I wonder how much better it would be with the third. I am glad I got this. It is like I have a new car with the Velocity booster, Ultra racing bars and the BMS Powerbox. I have had this car since the beginning of 2008 and it is a new car...

I am 95% happy. If the last bar would have fit, I think I would be at 100%

Here is the vid. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. And yes, they are in the right spots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm0Td_Qoc0
You have the active stabilization that is why the last 1 dont fit.
these 3 bars are for cars with out active stabilization which I have mension before on my DIY.
1 of our member has the active stabilization and we try to fit last 1 onto it and there is no room for it at all.
The thing in the middle gets in the way.
As for cars with active stabilization they have not design 1 for this.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by socale39
This is probably because you have active roll stabilization.

When you equate the very little movement if any between these points that you are reinforcing, I highly doubt you are feeling any difference especially having active roll stabilization which takes away from the "feel" of the car.

Maybe its me but I'v never bought into these mods making as much of a difference as people claim.

Look damn good though
Like all things you need to try to know, just like the SBv2, say how good it is will nevery sell this item.
trust us it is worth every penny.
also I found that better on corners means less braking which mean use less fuel too on dayly drive
Old 04-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Nice! You'll be doing 5min laps on the Nürburgring now
Old 04-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Contributors

CRAP! I guess it is not too bad since I have the ARS.

Anyone want to buy a rears Ultra racing bar?

Quick Reply: New MOD installed