E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New iPod interface on 2/04 build?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I've read all the topics on the new ipod interface, but can't find the answer to this question. I have a 545 which is a 2/04 build, with Navigation and 6 disk changer. I believe I'm up to software v17.x. I tried to install the new ipod interface (part # 65 11 0 403 651), but iDrive doesn't recognize the fact that the ipod is connected. When I purchased the part, they told me I needed to have a 9/05 build or later, but thought that just meant I needed a newer version of the software. So I took a chance and bought it (I have read conflicting reports as to whether this might work or not).

So...my quesiton is whether anyone has had luck installing this with pre-3/04 builds, and if so, what CIP version they have.

If it doesn't work....I have a brand new ipod interface I can't return....anyone interested?

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by stickboy' post='337756' date='Sep 23 2006, 09:01 AM
Hi all. I've read all the topics on the new ipod interface, but can't find the answer to this question. I have a 545 which is a 2/04 build, with Navigation and 6 disk changer. I believe I'm up to software v17.x. I tried to install the new ipod interface (part # 65 11 0 403 651), but iDrive doesn't recognize the fact that the ipod is connected. When I purchased the part, they told me I needed to have a 9/05 build or later, but thought that just meant I needed a newer version of the software. So I took a chance and bought it (I have read conflicting reports as to whether this might work or not).

So...my quesiton is whether anyone has had luck installing this with pre-3/04 builds, and if so, what CIP version they have.

If it doesn't work....I have a brand new ipod interface I can't return....anyone interested?

Thanks!
You will have to await an upcoming software release that will update the firmware in your head unit. Until that time, you will be unable to activate the interface. The problem I believe relates the the older units not being able to decode mp3 data. This is the information provided to me by BMWNA.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Members

>If it doesn't work....I have a brand new ipod interface I can't >return....anyone interested?

Don't sell it yet, I've also heard the same as the last posting about a new software update pending (I heard 30-40 days). I've got an 11/04 build with no nav but 6cd changer. I haven't heard of anyone with my configuration getting it working either so I suspect it also needs the SW update
Old 09-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by MTRHEAD' post='337818' date='Sep 24 2006, 12:34 AM
>If it doesn't work....I have a brand new ipod interface I can't >return....anyone interested?

Don't sell it yet, I've also heard the same as the last posting about a new software update pending (I heard 30-40 days). I've got an 11/04 build with no nav but 6cd changer. I haven't heard of anyone with my configuration getting it working either so I suspect it also needs the SW update

is it the cip version 23? I hear thats out....can anyone confirm?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Senior Members

If you do get sick of waiting, how much are you looking to sell it for?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Members

Bump...

Is the updated firmware part of the CIP 23 release? Anybody...

I have an 03/04 build and would like the iPod interface as well.

-- JM.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Members

My Ride: Hamann roof/trunk spoiler Savini Forged 3-piece SV4 22' wheels M6 Sideskirts/Mirrors/Headlights 12000k Xenon

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?p=857770

PROGMAN (formerly CIP) 23.xx at dealers (NA) now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only shown the two most recent versions as the SIB goes all the way back to version 10. Entire SIB in pdf. Any enhancements (beyond fixes) are not listed and it is up to members to note what these might be, if any.

SI B 61 14 03
General Electrical SystemsSeptember 2006
Technical Service
This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B61 14 03 dated June 2006.

designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
Software Errors Corrected with Progman

MODEL
E60, E61 (5 Series)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
Customer may complain of the following:

The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 23.00.00 (Target data Status E060-06-09-520).

CCC: Voice input system incorrectly states speed limit in "km". Refer to SI B84 24 05.
CCC with Top HiFi (SA 677) loses surround sound settings after a Navigation system announcement. Refer to SI B65 08 06.
CCC: The CD/DVD/CDC drive continues to spin even after the key is off. No audio output is heard. When the customer returns to the vehicle the audio CD is on a different track. This is most noticeable while listening to audio books on CD.
CCC: The customer states that sporadically, it is not possible to acknowledge the "Accept" button on the navigation system disclaimer screen using the controller. Refer to SI B84 20 06.
CCC: Radio failure after entering the destination in the Navigation system via the voice input system. Other audio sources are not affected.
CCC: Sporadically the radio continues to play after the key is turned off. This fault occurred after programming the vehicle using Progman V19.1.
CCC: After changing the road map scale using the voice input system; it is not possible to change the map scale using the controller.
CCC: The audible warning gong sounds intermittently after the vehicle is started and cannot be turned off unless the vehicle key is cycled. No check control message is displayed while the gong is sounded.
CCC: The radio audio cuts out briefly in FM mode only while driving. Vehicle already has the tuner profile corrected as per SI B65 26 05 and fault code CCC-ANT "DACA" hardware reset fault is stored.
CCC: The radio station that is currently being listened to intermittently changes to the next station in the station list. This can happen every 2 seconds
CCC: Check control gongs and PDC tones have no audio. Other audio functions operate correctly
Blower motor stays on with key off. Refer to SI B64 01 06.
The speedometer and revolution counter needles shake when the vehicle is idling.
The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 22.00.00 (Target data Status E060-06-06-510).

An implausible engine oil level message may be displayed while driving at temperatures below 32?F (0?C). Vehicles produced from 9/2005 with N62TU.
On the CID (Central Information Display) "Service" menu, an "Engine Oil Level" selection is now shown after being the vehicle was programmed with Progman V21.2. Vehicles produced up to 9/2005 with N62. Perform complete vehicle encoding.
Turn signals not working, hazard lights not working, headlights are always on with ignition on, CC message "Light system malfunction" is displayed. The light module is in emergency