E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New E60; Beginner Mods and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012 | 09:29 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by Roy7
One more question.... and some updates...

3) About the Angel Eyes - what does everyone think about Bimmian versus Trinity, versus John at Motorcepts? The thing I like about Bimmian is the website and the comparison: There seems to be "Lux" versus "Weisslicht", and both around similar prices (sub 300). Any preferences? And back to installation, this shouldnt be a problem for my mechanic to just install? (I'll probably print out a "FAQ" or webiste for him).

On that same note, the Bimmian website says "some E60's may have a headlight out error", I'm not a fan of that error - anyone run into that issue?

4) Sound - I'll let that one go, and just plug in my iphone, I'm over it.

Thanks again!
Congrats on your car. I picked up my AW e60 2 months ago and it's been fun. For the ae the Weisslicht are great at night but not noticeable during the day. I ended up buying the lux and they are much brighter then the Weisslicht. However after I bought them trinity came out with their new 10w ae LEDs, definitely worth checking out since you are shopping.
Old 05-27-2012 | 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

1) Interior Lights..... Check.

3) About the Angel Eyes - what does everyone think about Bimmian versus Trinity, versus John at Motorcepts? The thing I like about Bimmian is the website and the comparison: There seems to be "Lux" versus "Weisslicht", and both around similar prices (sub 300). Any preferences? And back to installation, this shouldnt be a problem for my mechanic to just install? (I'll probably print out a "FAQ" or webiste for him).

On that same note, the Bimmian website says "some E60's may have a headlight out error", I'm not a fan of that error - anyone run into that issue?

Thanks again!
Let's throw our name in the ring here.
We made our name on building replacement and upgrade angel eyes. We were the first to introduce the Predator ICE module to the public for upgrading the 2001 E39 models back in 2003. So 9 years later, we're still at it making some of the latest technology CREE and BridgeLux based LED products.

Ours are among the brightest in the industry and our Orion V2 leads the industry as far as brightness and quality is concerned (if you want to open the lights up).

None of the kits we sell cause any errors on your dash and we even have advanced high output LED interior bulbs as well.

Give us a look
Old 05-28-2012 | 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

Originally Posted by umnitza
Let's throw our name in the ring here.
We made our name on building replacement and upgrade angel eyes. We were the first to introduce the Predator ICE module to the public for upgrading the 2001 E39 models back in 2003. So 9 years later, we're still at it making some of the latest technology CREE and BridgeLux based LED products.

Ours are among the brightest in the industry and our Orion V2 leads the industry as far as brightness and quality is concerned (if you want to open the lights up).

None of the kits we sell cause any errors on your dash and we even have advanced high output LED interior bulbs as well.

Give us a look
Email sent, thanks again for all the info.
Old 05-28-2012 | 08:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Good luck with everything
Old 05-30-2012 | 07:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

Okay, so now I've officially bought something from all the major vendors here (trinity, motorcept, umnitza), and have to say that everyones been really really helpful.

Next Questions:

7) Navigation DVD - I keep on hearing about a new Navi DVD. Where can I get my hands on one?

8) Side LED Markers - I would like white side LED markers as the clear ones I've got now are starting to turn/change color. The options so far:

Weisslicht LED lenses from Bimian:
http://www.bimmian.com/WeissLicht-LE...ab-description

Smoked ones from Trinity:
http://www.trinityautosport.com/smok...l?reviews_id=4

I'm leaning towards the Weisslicht because they look a bit clearer in the picture, but have never seen either.. Any recs?

Thanks again.
Old 05-30-2012 | 08:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

east coast vender is only gonna be motorcepts hands down. john knows his lighting stuff. so give him a call and he can set you up with anything lighting wise. hes located in richmond hill, new york. for parts go to nerwyll or joe at trinity autosport.
Old 05-30-2012 | 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We would suggest neither. We recommend getting an LED B5 V4 side marker bulb and keeping your sides ($20).
Old 05-30-2012 | 09:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 528i Space Gray | Premium Package | Sports Package | Navigation

Okay, so now I've officially bought something from all the major vendors here (trinity, motorcept, umnitza), and have to say that everyones been really really helpful.

Next Questions:

7) Navigation DVD - I keep on hearing about a new Navi DVD. Where can I get my hands on one?

8) Side LED Markers - I would like white side LED markers as the clear ones I've got now are starting to turn/change color. The options so far:

Weisslicht LED lenses from Bimian:
http://www.bimmian.com/WeissLicht-LE...ab-description

Smoked ones from Trinity:
http://www.trinityautosport.com/smok...l?reviews_id=4

I'm leaning towards the Weisslicht because they look a bit clearer in the picture, but have never seen either.. Any recs?

Thanks again.

For the dull side marker lenses, take some fine cut polish or metal polish and polish them and they'll look like new again.
Old 05-30-2012 | 11:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I know I've asked my slew of questions, I have another as I'm going:

6) Black on white BMW hood emblem/badge: I've seen some people here w/that emblem, what's the quality like? And where can I get one? My current badge has a stone chip in it.

Thanks again. The information is here is fantastic and am taking notes as I go along.

Again, Trinity Autosport has the emblems as well. I opted for the silver/black carbon fiber ones. Contact (PM) Nerweezy, he will get you sorted
Old 05-30-2012 | 05:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Again, Trinity Autosport has the emblems as well. I opted for the silver/black carbon fiber ones. Contact (PM) Nerweezy, he will get you sorted
I bought them last week from Tinity, Nerwyll was great and super helpful regarding many of my questions actually (looked up shadowline trim prices - too expensive for me now actually).

I'm just making changes one at a time, not getting ahead of myself, I've ordered the Roundels, Interior lights, Angel Eyes, Plate Frames, and a turn signal LED, so for the next couple weeks I'll be installing.

Thanks again.