E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

new chrome kidneys

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005 | 10:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Jun 15 2005, 08:08 PM
[quote name='fontes79' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:31 PM']How much they cost?
they are very nice,?? good photo.
[snapback]139752[/snapback]
150 , got them for my birthday from my wife: 4O today eikes
[snapback]139777[/snapback]
[/quote]

Looks very good! I've been staring at a bitmap with 3 'nose' pictures of different grills, one as it is today (chrome and black), one 'all black' and one 'all chrome'. I am going round in circles on this one. I originally wanted to have the 'all black' look, but then I came to the conclusion that the grill is actually the main thing that identifies the car as a BMW from the front. So, killing the car's main identity tag was something I did not want to do.
During the last weekend, the barometer moved over to 'all chrome' when I saw a black M3 with the all chrome grill showing up in my rear mirror, and eventually passing me...
Although I am not such a chrome fan, I must admit that the all chrome grill gives the car a very classy look and removes any doubts (even from very far away) that it's a beemer!

And btw, congrats with yr birthday, pmmeke! Make sure yr wife does not forget about Christmas and New Year etc
I'm joining the 40's club end of this year!
Old 06-28-2005 | 11:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:57 PM
[quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 15 2005, 08:08 PM'][quote name='fontes79' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:31 PM']How much they cost?
[/quote]

Looks very good! I've been staring at a bitmap with 3 'nose' pictures of different grills, one as it is today (chrome and black), one 'all black' and one 'all chrome'. I am going round in circles on this one. I originally wanted to have the 'all black' look, but then I came to the conclusion that the grill is actually the main thing that identifies the car as a BMW from the front. So, killing the car's main identity tag was something I did not want to do.
During the last weekend, the barometer moved over to 'all chrome' when I saw a black M3 with the all chrome grill showing up in my rear mirror, and eventually passing me...
Although I am not such a chrome fan, I must admit that the all chrome grill gives the car a very classy look and removes any doubts (even from very far away) that it's a beemer!

And btw, congrats with yr birthday, pmmeke! Make sure yr wife does not forget about Christmas and New Year etc
[snapback]143837[/snapback]
[/quote]

lol

Some more info for you. You can buy chrome kidneys on ebay but they are different from oem bmw. On ebay they are wider, and full chrome and more round shaped.

The oem bmw ones are only with chrome inserts. Both are nice but i prefer the oem M5 ones. They cost more but i think its cool to have as much M5 parts as i can take. Goes nicely with the M5 steering wheel
Old 06-28-2005 | 11:29 AM
Senior Members

some examples
chrome inserts can be vieuwed very good on this url
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP..._PcY_BIN_Stores

and the full chrome wide version can be vieuwed on this url

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...7980975539&rd=1

and the 2 pics to compare

Hopes this helps
Old 06-28-2005 | 12:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Jun 28 2005, 09:20 PM
[quote name='joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:57 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 15 2005, 08:08 PM'][quote name='fontes79' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:31 PM']How much they cost?
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

Some more info for you. You can buy chrome kidneys on ebay but they are different from oem bmw. On ebay they are wider, and full chrome and more round shaped.

The oem bmw ones are only with chrome inserts. Both are nice but i prefer the oem M5 ones. They cost more but i think its cool to have as much M5 parts as i can take. Goes nicely with the M5 steering wheel
[snapback]143843[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are right. I asked a seller on eBay whether they were OEM, as I found the price of $80 quite low compared to what you paid. They confirmed that it were aftermarket parts.
Btw, still happy with the 20mm spacers...?
Old 06-28-2005 | 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:09 PM
[quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 28 2005, 09:20 PM'][quote name='joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:57 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 15 2005, 08:08 PM'][quote name='fontes79' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:31 PM']How much they cost?
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

You are right. I asked a seller on eBay whether they were OEM, as I found the price of $80 quite low compared to what you paid. They confirmed that it were aftermarket parts.
[snapback]143858[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes very happy. What s more. I bought some HR springs to lower the car another inch. And i tested it and it wont rubb even with the spacers. We pulled the car all the way to the schocks. I even think i can put 15 mm spacers in front in stead of 1O mm but not sure. Next week i am going to install the springs.
Old 06-28-2005 | 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

WOW that wide grill version looks great!
Old 06-28-2005 | 12:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:15 PM
[quote name='joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:09 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 28 2005, 09:20 PM'][quote name='joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:57 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 15 2005, 08:08 PM'][quote name='fontes79' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:31 PM']How much they cost?
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes very happy. What s more. I bought some HR springs to lower the car another inch. And i tested it and it wont rubb even with the spacers. We pulled the car all the way to the schocks. I even think i can put 15 mm spacers in front in stead of 1O mm but not sure. Next week i am going to install the springs.
[snapback]143859[/snapback]
[/quote]

You really seem to be getting up to speed on the 'mods'

Btw, I just saw these chrome kidneys on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...ssPageName=WDVW
These will be real, but with the shipping cost of 12EUR, the price is only 13EUR lower than the official dealer price I believe. Not worth it.

My car has 5000 km now, first thing for me will probably be chiptuning.
Old 06-28-2005 | 12:35 PM
Senior Members

hehe Not fast enought. Remember i have 3 cars to mod

a show car E46
http://www.e46fanatics.com/phorum/showauth...il.php?a=Pmmeke

a mini
http://users.telenet.be/evahke/

and my car
http://users.pandora.be/pmmeke/

money is tight as we plan some spectacular mods on the E46 for next seison

I want my windows tint next , if i have some money left
Old 06-28-2005 | 12:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:35 PM
hehe Not fast enought. Remember i have 3 cars to mod

a show car E46
http://www.e46fanatics.com/phorum/showauth...il.php?a=Pmmeke

a mini
http://users.telenet.be/evahke/

and my car
http://users.pandora.be/pmmeke/

money is tight as we plan some spectacular mods on the E46 for next seison

I want my windows tint next , if i have some money left
[snapback]143869[/snapback]
Wow..you are a fanatic (meant in a positive way).
I better not show the picture of the mini to my wife...she's been hinting at that one for a while now. It's got worse since her sister-in-law showed up in a black mini convertible last week.
Old 06-28-2005 | 01:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Jun 28 2005, 09:15 PM
[quote name='joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 10:09 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 28 2005, 09:20 PM'][quote name='joel_BE' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:57 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Jun 15 2005, 08:08 PM'][quote name='fontes79' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:31 PM']How much they cost?
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

[snapback]143859[/snapback]
[/quote]
by Heinz? Say greets to him

Quick Reply: new chrome kidneys