E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New 550i owner - Help with some mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by customdusty
Like the ride. You drive it in the winter in NY?
Yep what's a car if you don't use it.. I'm going to get 19" with conti dws I heard from a lot of forum members and reviews thY they are get, Mel with her e92 m3 used dws in the last storm we had in nyc and she said they performed great.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i 19" MRR GT1 Interior LED retrofit

Ok, yes I have been driving in the sport mode with manual shifting. I'm now trying to figure out what setting with the DTC/DSC I need so I can try to break the tires loose.

As far as mods go I ended up finding a pretty good deal on a Remus exhaust, so I went that route - brand new for $645. I didn't want anything that screamed "look at me", so it seemed like a good choice. I picked up a new air filter (dry), but not the intake scoops just yet. Ordered the sprint booster since I would really like to get rid of as much throttle lag as possible. Also ordered a replica Hamann style carbon fiber front lip, so we will see how that turns out.

The next group of mods will be the painted front reflectors, angel eyes, intake scoops, and ECU. I'd also like to do the suspension and drop the car a bit, but I think I'd rather wait and see how the ground clearance works during the winter for one season first.

Hold the DTC/DSC button for about 5 seconds. This will give you a warning. Place right foot on right pedal....depress.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Members

My Ride: '08 550i RD SPORT CATLESS QUAD EXHAUST, DINAN INTAKE, RPI, 3D DESIGN CF AERO, COILOVER, 19" OEM 172's

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
Hold the DTC/DSC button for about 5 seconds. This will give you a warning. Place right foot on right pedal....depress.
Funny.

I didn't know about holding the button down and turning off the DTC/DSC. I tried it today and didn't do much more than chirp the tires, but the car hooks up nicely and pulls hard - the way BMW intended it to. I suppose I would have bought a muscle car if I wanted to do burnouts.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport, 6 Speed Auto, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leather Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, HUD, PCD, Navi, Logic 7, Fold Down Rear Seat, Sunshades, Rear DVD Headrests

Great postings! I purchased an '07 E60 550i w/ sport package last October and I want to start with some mods to make it a bit quicker. I came from a leased '07 335i that I loved. Now that I have my 550i, I'm looking to see what is the best bang for the buck so to speak that will make the stock car move a bit more. From reading the post, it sounds like there isn't any one thing that makes a noticeable difference. Any recommended suggestions based on increased performance vs price? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport, 6 Speed Auto, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leather Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, HUD, PCD, Navi, Logic 7, Fold Down Rear Seat, Sunshades, Rear DVD Headrests

@customdusty - sounds like a nice ride btw. Let me know how you like the sprint booster when you get it and how much of a difference it makes. I have the same issue it sounds like.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:17 AM
Banned

My Ride: E60 550i

Please feel free to shoot us and email or give us a call
We have a range of upgrades from scoops, intakes to exhaust....even simple carbon fiber hood emblems

CONGRATS on your new ride!

Vincent
Old 06-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Members

My Ride: '08 550i RD SPORT CATLESS QUAD EXHAUST, DINAN INTAKE, RPI, 3D DESIGN CF AERO, COILOVER, 19" OEM 172's

Got the Remus exhaust today, but I'm debating whether to install myself or not. Looks nice out of the box as expected. Got and installed the Spring Booster today. I haven't driven a lot yet, but in a short trip it seemed to have spiced things up a bit. Much more responsive, and as a result the drive is more true and connected to the driver. Good product, can't wait for the drive in to work tomorrow. Undeniable sports car feel now.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Members

Remus exhuast to be installed Thursday. Sprint booster has been awesome, great mod. I also go a hamann style CF front lip, but I'm not sure how to install it. If anybody who has one can give me some direction on how to do it, it would be great.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Members

Nevermind on the front lip. I decided to just do it myself and it turned out great. I'll post pictures this weekend. Also ordered the painted front reflectors to get rid of the hideous orange ones. It's starting to come together....
Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 AM
Banned

My Ride: E60 550i

Let us know how you like the Remus

Remus exhuast to be installed Thursday. Sprint booster has been awesome, great mod. I also go a hamann style CF front lip, but I'm not sure how to install it. If anybody who has one can give me some direction on how to do it, it would be great.

Quick Reply: New 550i owner - Help with some mods