E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NEED MORE BASS!!!!!....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by 528iFLYguy
So when you say "Ghetto" frankly you mean ugly right. For the life of me there's a million other words besides "ghetto" to describe the features you think are ugly, why not just say ugly. And for your information all these occurences dont just happen in the Ghetto. So may I suggest you take a trip to the Ghetto and snap some pics and post them on a thread and show me. Stop judging shit from what you see on T.V. Sheesh man, people get a nice car and all of a sudden they shit dont stink. I cant wait to put some chrome wheels on my Bimmer and some subs in there.And if you dont like it drive your shit str8 off a cliff, or you can just come on here and bitch about it to your other anti-ghetto buddies :thumbsdown:
Actually, "ghetto" can also mean tasteless. As Nelson said, clean wiring and a clean setup is not "ghetto" (Fantastic setup BTW Nelson ). So yes, "ghetto" can mean ugly, and, no, it doesn't mean "black". Like Nelson I am also Hispanic, but I DETEST chrome. Chrome on a 55 Chevy or a 64 Impala = good, it's, meant to be there. Chrome on a BMW? Um, no, it just looks stupid.
Perfect example of the "MOST GHETTO CAR" spotted not long ago: I saw a new Cadillac CTS-V with a full gold package, gold grille, chrome and gold wheels, gold mirror trim, gold emblems. That was crappy, ugly, ghetto, and solely because that car exists means I could never own a CTS-V. Guess who was driving? If you guessed an elderly white lady, you'd be absolutely right.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Kaizen
WOW! Awesome setup.
+1000 Very nice job Nelson. I agree, hearing that trunk rattle crap is just stupid. I even mounted double sided tape on my license plate frame so THAT wouldn't rattle.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Very nicely done Nelson. What subs did you replace under the seats, and which mids/tweets did you use. I bet is sounds nice. Hopefully, after seeing your setup, others will post pics of their nice setup. Very nice.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by boots
Very nicely done Nelson. What subs did you replace under the seats, and which mids/tweets did you use. I bet is sounds nice. Hopefully, after seeing your setup, others will post pics of their nice setup. Very nice.
Thanks guys. I didn't replace the under seat woofers. Not using in my set up. I have a 3 way set up. 6.5 midbass in door, tweeters and midrange in kick panels. They're Dynaudio Esotars2.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by 528iFLYguy
So when you say "Ghetto" frankly you mean ugly right. For the life of me there's a million other words besides "ghetto" to describe the features you think are ugly, why not just say ugly. And for your information all these occurences dont just happen in the Ghetto. So may I suggest you take a trip to the Ghetto and snap some pics and post them on a thread and show me. Stop judging shit from what you see on T.V. Sheesh man, people get a nice car and all of a sudden they shit dont stink. I cant wait to put some chrome wheels on my Bimmer and some subs in there.And if you dont like it drive your shit str8 off a cliff, or you can just come on here and bitch about it to your other anti-ghetto buddies :thumbsdown:
Aw..sorry, sensitive much? Had I known you were such a sensitive person, I would have toned it down. All-in-all, yes, it's tasteless and ugly. Excuse my lack of knowledge of the ghetto. Poor reference. On with your day now..
Old 05-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Oops double.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by nelson29
WTH, Don't see why would you take offense to what he said. BTW I'm black and hispanic. BTW I happen to agree with his opinion. I can't stand a car that rattles and have messy wiring, yes I consider that ghetto. Here's how the pros do it

This is my car. Trunk and doors have been completely sound deadened. Bass stays inside unlike most setups around here.

What did you do to get the rattles out? my car sounds like a paint shaker sometimes lol!

Btw...great setup!!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i - GONE

Originally Posted by MORI3L
+ 1 On technic's harness. Installed my JL 12W7 myself in 10 mins with this.
+1 more on Technic's harness. REALLY easy install, I made my box myself (shit-ly made, but sounds good) and put in a JL 10W3. Plug and play harness, and I purchased a new rear panel that has a pocket to stash my amp.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Originally Posted by ck-e60
+1 more on Technic's harness. REALLY easy install, I made my box myself (shit-ly made, but sounds good) and put in a JL 10W3. Plug and play harness, and I purchased a new rear panel that has a pocket to stash my amp.

Can you post a pic and/or part # for that rear panel with the pocket?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by MORI3L
What did you do to get the rattles out? my car sounds like a paint shaker sometimes lol!

Btw...great setup!!
Dynamat the whole trunk and doors.

Quick Reply: NEED MORE BASS!!!!!....