E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NEED MORE BASS!!!!!....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
I have Logic 7' & th is what I did: I bought a pair of 2ohm Earthquake SWSxi's on ebay for $265 shipped; bought a Polk Audio PA-330 amp used on eBay for $60 shipped (in excellent condition!) 2ohm rated at 75w per channel ; Technics' L7 sub harness for $85; made my own spacers for the subs with MDF, styrofoam, & silicone for $12.Then I replaced the underseat woofers, wired the amp in the trunk under the rear shelf. Took me about 3 hrs., including adjustments to the gain, low pass, & eq/fader/balance on idrive. It sounds reallll good. For less than $500, takes up no space in my trunk, & is for the most part hidden. There are quite a few diy's on hooking up your sounds using variations of this instal method.One more thing, I did replace the center channel midrange with Bavarian Soundwerks for $99 , & gave me much more presence & clarity. But that was added recently. I did the woofer install about 3 mos. ago.
Thanks alot for the reply Im kinda new at this what is the point for making spacers when dropping in the new subs? They fit in the same space as the stocks do right?..
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeNelsAOGo
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to be pretty into car audio a while back, so I am a bit dated here but I mainly messed with JL audio for my subs and amps. In fact, I just sold my 12w6v2's a few weeks ago that had been sitting around for like 5 years taking up space. You can always get a bad ass custom fit job in the car. However, that does cost a lot of money. Good subs and amp.. are not cheap.. getting a custom fit setup that takes up minimal space and looks really good is not cheap either. e.g. I'm not talking about just throwing a box in subs in your trunk. You can also take a look @ JL's stealthbox. I think I've seen a few people on forums mention they have it:

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...x-bmw-5-series
Old 05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
I am not sure if this is going to fit into an 800 dollar budget but this is what I have in my ///M

JL audio 600/1 - Amp hidden (very small very powerful - Runs cooler than most amps out there, takes minimum current to run)
JL audio 13Tw5 - I have a custom made box, since it a shallow mount sub really doesn't take any space in the trunk and looks OEM - Superb Sound (I have the Dirac in the M but this does add that extra punch)

I dont know your taste for Bass is or the type of music your into, but I don't like super loud bass, one that shakes my neighbors car and rattle my interior (thats ghetto stuff) I like clean pure punches (The Thump effect)

The JL 12w6 is a superior sub when it comes to quality of bass, I have that too and I use those in another car but the fact that its just 2 big and much more heavy defeats the purpose. I know people here don't recommend the bass knob but I would highly recommend it for the simple reason that I dont want to fiddle with options on my idrive when every song changes. I want a quick fast solution to control the level of bass available all the time.

PS: If you don't have a ski pass and your planning on a sub, you would have to rattle your trunk to get the bass into an E60 passenger cabin. What i mean is, run the amp and sub harder and still might/might not get the effect your looking for

What exactly do you mean by ghetto stuff? because I been here this a lot lately and frankly im starting to get pissed off about it. Please explain
Attached Thumbnails NEED MORE BASS!!!!!....-bimmer312.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by 528iFLYguy
What exactly do you mean by ghetto stuff? because I been here this a lot lately and frankly im starting to get pissed off about it. Please explain
Not to piss you off, but my opinon of "ghetto" is as follows:

1) Bass so loud your trunk, gas cap, everything rattles and sounds like ass from the outside
2) Visible wiring all throughout the trunk in a shitty box with a shitty sub/amp
3) Off topic, but I honestly feel like the super dark tail lights and chrome err'thang is super ghetto. Coupled with some ugly donk dubs, is even more "ghetto."

Just my .02.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Members

So when you say "Ghetto" frankly you mean ugly right. For the life of me there's a million other words besides "ghetto" to describe the features you think are ugly, why not just say ugly. And for your information all these occurences dont just happen in the Ghetto. So may I suggest you take a trip to the Ghetto and snap some pics and post them on a thread and show me. Stop judging shit from what you see on T.V. Sheesh man, people get a nice car and all of a sudden they shit dont stink. I cant wait to put some chrome wheels on my Bimmer and some subs in there.And if you dont like it drive your shit str8 off a cliff, or you can just come on here and bitch about it to your other anti-ghetto buddies :thumbsdown:
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

WTH, Don't see why would you take offense to what he said. BTW I'm black and hispanic. BTW I happen to agree with his opinion. I can't stand a car that rattles and have messy wiring, yes I consider that ghetto. Here's how the pros do it

This is my car. Trunk and doors have been completely sound deadened. Bass stays inside unlike most setups around here.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Originally Posted by 528iFLYguy
So when you say "Ghetto" frankly you mean ugly right. For the life of me there's a million other words besides "ghetto" to describe the features you think are ugly, why not just say ugly. And for your information all these occurences dont just happen in the Ghetto. So may I suggest you take a trip to the Ghetto and snap some pics and post them on a thread and show me. Stop judging shit from what you see on T.V. Sheesh man, people get a nice car and all of a sudden they shit dont stink. I cant wait to put some chrome wheels on my Bimmer and some subs in there.And if you dont like it drive your shit str8 off a cliff, or you can just come on here and bitch about it to your other anti-ghetto buddies :thumbsdown:
Please don't be so quick to get defensive. I don't think anyone meant to insult you or imply that these things happen only in the ghetto. It this case, a rattling trunk cannot look "ugly" as you refer to. I think the previous posts were simply stating that a rattling trunk and extremely loud/ earth shattering bass is annoying. I'm asian and it doesn't bother me one bit when I hear people comment, "That looks ricer, etc." Most of the time I agree with them. In no way is ricer meant to be derogatory, but rather it looks like a mod more fitting on a honda, etc. To be honest, I think it has everything to do with age. In my late teens, I LOVED bass so loud and deep that I would get a kick out of driving through parking garages to see how many car alarms I could set off. In my old Integra I had four JL-W6s and a box that literally took up my entire trunk. I loved every minute of it and don't regret it one bit. But as I reach my mid 30s, I look back and do think it was a bit immature to set off those car alarms on purpose. Would I ever do that again and put it in my E60. Hell no. Just my 2c.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Originally Posted by nelson29
WTH, Don't see why would you take offense to what he said. BTW I'm black and hispanic. BTW I happen to agree with his opinion. I can't stand a car that rattles and have messy wiring, yes I consider that ghetto. Here's how the pros do it

This is my car. Trunk and doors have been completely sound deadened. Bass stays inside unlike most setups around here.

WOW! Awesome setup.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Thanks bro. I'm actually in the middle of redoing the amp rack, here's the thread https://5series.net/forums/topic/122...1#entry1433566

Quick Reply: NEED MORE BASS!!!!!....