E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need help with HID fogs

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey whats up everyone. Long time no see. Haven't be on in a while. Everyones car is looking great! Lots of new faces.

I have not driven my E60 in a long time. 2 months almost. Today I went out for some errands, anyways. While pulling into my garage I noticed a slight twitching from my hid fogs. I never noticed this before . I was wondering what everyones solution is to this? I have the error cancel cables installed. I had my car coded to get rid of the bulb check.....however BMW coded my car to fix my steering angle issue so half of my coding is gone. Not sure if the bulb check was coded away or not.

Its very hard to see the flicker. While driving you cant notice it and when parked you really have to strain your eyes to see it. It only occurs when the engine is started. If the fog lights are on but the engine is not on....no slight twitching or anything

Should I go get my car coded again? I have had this kit in the headlights for more then a year, been in my fogs for 6 months. Have the same HID fog kit in my other car a 08 TL and the slight twitching also happens on that car so maybe its a quality issue. I still don't understand why it only happens when the engine is on.

Oh and I should mention......before I had my error cancel cables installed the fogs would flicker like a strobe light and shut off........the flickering/twitching I am getting right now is very different. Its a very slight twitching that you cant even notice unless you look very closely for a minute or two. I will try to post up a video or something soon.

One thing is....my car is coded so when I unlock it, the hid fogs+angels come on...they turn off after a couple of seconds. Could this be doing harm to the HID fogs?