E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need help ACM-module + backupcamera

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530DA 07/2006 - Carbon Black - M-sport - Logic7 - Navi Professional - Xenon - Telefon/bluetooth - ACM-module

Hi.
In october 2010 I go to Autohouse Albert Bauer Flensburg, Germany.(BMW dealer). They installed a ACM-module 65500441372 in my BMW 530DA M-sport 2006.
Now I need some help.
I installed a front and backup-camera. I use socket A16 for picture and socket A20 for power. I made a switch on +12v from A20 for on/off. My car don`t have PDC. Is it possible to make camera come on automatic when you take car in reverse when you don`t have PDC (park distance control)?
When your car has PDC, you take switch for PDC on, and then you go in menu for ACM-module and choose if you want to see PDC-picture or camera when you park.
Look at page 27 in BMW_ACM level 1 and page 39 in BMW_ACM level 2. On level 1 on Universal CAN Interface PIN:30 is for CAM_ON. Is this a input or output signal? If it is a input signal can it be used for set picture on automatic when you put car in reverse?

On front camera, I lose picture after about 50m or 30km/t. If I cut wire on PIN:19 (select speed) on Universal CAN Interface will I get picture from camera all time when I want ?

On socket A16 PIN:9 and PIN:18 CAM_RE_LI . What is this for and if it is for one more camera, where can you see this camera in menu? Have just rear-cam and side-view in menu.

If somebody has picture of all 32 PIN`s on Universal CAN Interface 61350441373, can you send it to me?

I send mail to BMW in Flensburg, but don`t get answer, so if somebody can help I be very happy;-)

Regards
King from Norway
(Electrical engineer)
Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by King
On front camera, I lose picture after about 50m or 30km/t. If I cut wire on PIN:19 (select speed) on Universal CAN Interface will I get picture from camera all time when I want ?
You cannnot change this.

On socket A16 PIN:9 and PIN:18 CAM_RE_LI . What is this for and if it is for one more camera, where can you see this camera in menu? Have just rear-cam and side-view in menu.
Some cars like the X5 allow round view cameras in the mirrors. The E60 doesn't allow that. Even if you connected a camera to this input you have no way of selecting it. To add more cameras I bought a multiplexer and then connected 4 cameras to a single input.

If somebody has picture of all 32 PIN`s on Universal CAN Interface 61350441373, can you send it to me?
Doesn't the ACM install manual have it.

I'm surprised that your rear view doesn't come on automatically. The entire point of connecting the acm to the idrive wheel it to gain access to the Menu button and the CAN bus. Reverse is detected on the CAN bus automatically.

Are you using the OEM reverse camera or an aftermarke? Because it works absolutely fine on an aftermarket camera. The OEM cameras are rubbish.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530DA 07/2006 - Carbon Black - M-sport - Logic7 - Navi Professional - Xenon - Telefon/bluetooth - ACM-module

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
You cannnot change this.

Some cars like the X5 allow round view cameras in the mirrors. The E60 doesn't allow that. Even if you connected a camera to this input you have no way of selecting it. To add more cameras I bought a multiplexer and then connected 4 cameras to a single input.

Doesn't the ACM install manual have it.

I'm surprised that your rear view doesn't come on automatically. The entire point of connecting the acm to the idrive wheel it to gain access to the Menu button and the CAN bus. Reverse is detected on the CAN bus automatically.

Are you using the OEM reverse camera or an aftermarke? Because it works absolutely fine on an aftermarket camera. The OEM cameras are rubbish.

Hi Bruce.
1. Are you sure you can`t change the problem with front camera? I read one forum about one year ago and one person write if you cut wire in PIN:19 on CAN module your front cam will stay on all time when you choose front cam in menu. I think he must talk about this universal CAN module and PIN:19. I have try to find it again, but I can`t. I just remember PIN:19 and CAN module, and PIN:19 is select speed.
2. Ok . I just see you has 4 input and I has 3 input + usb, and see in drawings they use backup and side view. I don`t need more than this 2 camera.
3. In my projections drawings it show 24 of 32 pins. And PIN:30 is in your projections drawings, but not on mine, because of they use PIN:25 (display select 2) on ACM-module. But I think CAM_ON still be on same pin. And I will like to know if this 8 pins missing in my projections drawings can be used to something for resolve my problem.

?Make settings in the ACM Service Menu for all cars
The systems installed in the car must be selected in the ACM Service Menu.
Systems that are not selected are skipped when scrolling or are hidden from the customer.
To call up the ACM Service Menu:
- Press and hold the ?Menu? button to bring up the accessory menu
- Move the controller once to the right
- Move the controller 3 times to the left
- Press controller once
The ACM Service Menu is displayed on the control display.
By turning and pressing the controller, you can now select or disable systems that have or have not been installed.
Selected and unselected systems are shown in SW.
Selectable systems are shown in WS.?

ACM service menu, is that a hidden menu, or is it in same menu you use for choose if you will see PDC or Cam? I see you talk about PDC 4 and PDC 8. Where in menu do you see that?
BMW set up this first time when they installed it.

I think if you choose backup camera in your ACM-menu, and take of switch for PDC, you will not get camera on automatic when you backup. My problem, I don`t have that switch. But there must be possible to resolve that problem. But how?
I use a backup camera from Zenec. Made in Germany. Front cam from ebay.

Regards
King
Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Members

Finally my camera go on automatic.
Problem was that Autohouse Albert Bauer Flensburg, Germany(BMW dealer) set it up wrong.
They set up my car as PDC8, but my car don`t have this.
When I try to find ACM service menu, I do wrong and turn instead of move idrive controller. I just think same way as the other hidden menu`s.
Today I read it again and understand I do wrong and try again, and there I find it. And there I see PDC4 and PDC8 Bruce ask about on this forum before?..
I take off PDC and camera go on automatic.

Regards
King
Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 AM
New Members

Good morning. Sorry to post this post so old, but I find none other.

I'm in the same situation. My cameras have +12 and -12V connector I can get from the A20.

The signal from the cameras must connect to the A16. My cameras have the yellow plug with a rounded shape.

Who knows where should I connect?

Thank you very much,
Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Members

You have to buy 1x universal socket housing uncoded 18 pol. 61131383852 and 2x bushing contact 0,2 - 0,5 mm 61130005197 for connect to A16 pin 8 and pin 17. You can take power to both front and rear camera from A20 pin 2 (-) and pin 3 (+).
Make a new yellow RCA contact and connect to pin 8 and 17 on A16. Connect your camera to your new contact. Or you can cut your cable from your camera and connect to this pins.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:54 AM
New Members

You have to buy 1x universal socket housing uncoded 18 pol. 61131383852 and 2x bushing contact 0,2 - 0,5 mm 61130005197 for connect to A16 pin 8 and pin 17. You can take power to both front and rear camera from A20 pin 2 (-) and pin 3 (+).
Make a new yellow RCA contact and connect to pin 8 and 17 on A16. Connect your camera to your new contact. Or you can cut your cable from your camera and connect to this pins.
Good afternoon. Thank you. It is working.

I have a doubt. My car has front and rear PDC. Would it be possible to see the camera and see the PDC next?

To place a rear monitor. What you have to play pin?

Thank you,