E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

I am fairly new to this whole modification thing and i need help deciding what suspension kit to buy for my 2004 530i. I am not trying o lower my car that much but it would be nice to have 1.5" - 2" drop. I am not looking to spend more than $1,500 but i do want something decent. I am looking at the H&R coil over kit or the Bilstein PSS9 Coil-Over Kit. If anyone has either one of these two, can you give me some input please? Thank you.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

another popular option for coilovers are the KWs. also you can do a spring and shock combo setup but you will not be able to adjust the height like with coilovers. let me know if I can help with anything
Old 12-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by steeda106' post='752913' date='Dec 26 2008, 01:12 AM
I am fairly new to this whole modification thing and i need help deciding what suspension kit to buy for my 2004 530i. I am not trying o lower my car that much but it would be nice to have 1.5" - 2" drop. I am not looking to spend more than $1,500 but i do want something decent. I am looking at the H&R coil over kit or the Bilstein PSS9 Coil-Over Kit. If anyone has either one of these two, can you give me some input please? Thank you.

Do what I did. Best price and great look.

Go with H&R Sport Springs and get Koni Sport shocks/struts. You will not break your bank and can do the whole thing with labor for probably $1k. The coilovers are pretty damn expensive but they are good. Remember, if you replace your springs, replace your shocks at the same time because labor cost will be the same since the shocks/struts have to be removed the same time the springs are installed. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Don't go with Eibach, its just not enough of a drop in my opinion.

"Let me know about anything man, anything at all." My favorite quote. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. HAHAHA