E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

need a body shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' 530 Alpine/Auburn/Dark walnut, Sport, Premium, Sirius, 35% Tint Upcomming mods: M166's/Exclaim UHP's, Mtech

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='479409' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:55 PM
Did you look at the link I supplied you with?
Sorry for not responding Rick, Yes, I did, as a matter of fact I called them, and they did not seem to want to do much talking on the phone (which annoyed me a little) but I will give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they were a little busy at the time. How long did they keep your car, and how would I get to his shop from the cross island pkwy. at Linden Blvd.?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by bimmerluuvr' post='479527' date='Oct 9 2007, 11:28 AM
Sorry for not responding Rick, Yes, I did, as a matter of fact I called them, and they did not seem to want to do much talking on the phone (which annoyed me a little) but I will give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they were a little busy at the time. How long did they keep your car, and how would I get to his shop from the cross island pkwy. at Linden Blvd.?
Hi There,

With any shop, they would want you to come in to give you quotes.

When talking over the phone, they have no idea what's the amount of work that is needed.

If you are referring to Paul Petrone, they are very busy.

I left my car there last week to repaint some pieces and install a bumper for me. I hope it turns well. The main guy said about a week 1/2 to two weeks.

All I have to do now is wait.

MK
Old 10-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='479547' date='Oct 9 2007, 12:10 PM
Hi There,

With any shop, they would want you to come in to give you quotes.

When talking over the phone, they have no idea what's the amount of work that is needed.

If you are referring to Paul Petrone, they are very busy.

I left my car there last week to repaint some pieces and install a bumper for me. I hope it turns well. The main guy said about a week 1/2 to two weeks.

All I have to do now is wait.

MK
Hey MK whats up? Did you see the before and after photos of my car? It came out really good.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Contributors

Yes. I saw it.

Your fender looks great and I'm glad I left my car there.

One thing, Do you think they blended my paint? since my car is older and the paint can vary on certain panels, you think they blended it? hmm. I wonder....

Did they update you with any progress at all? or you call regularly to check up on status? or did you just show up for fun?

=)

MK
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='479767' date='Oct 10 2007, 12:07 AM
Yes. I saw it.

One thing, Do you think they blended my paint? since my car is older and the paint can vary on certain panels, you think they blended it? hmm. I wonder....

Did they update you with any progress at all? or you call regularly to check up on status? or did you just show up for fun?

=)

I called every 3rd day just to see how things were going. The owner finally called me when the job was done. Don't worry about the blending, they had to blend my door but it came out really good. Pro at the least. I was very happy with the job.

MK
Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='479767' date='Oct 10 2007, 12:07 AM
Yes. I saw it.

=)

MK
I typed this big story and when I posted it was gone. This one will be short. The job came out really good and I was extremely happy with it. They blended my door but you could not tell at all. I consider it a pro job.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Contributors

I see where my reply went, it's in the body of your story. Look at my first post on your reply.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' 530 Alpine/Auburn/Dark walnut, Sport, Premium, Sirius, 35% Tint Upcomming mods: M166's/Exclaim UHP's, Mtech

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='479955' date='Oct 10 2007, 03:51 PM
I see where my reply went, it's in the body of your story. Look at my first post on your reply.
Another question on this subject, (maybe the most important, funny how I always seem to forget to ask) what are people paying on average to paint and install the m-tech excluding the trunk finisher here in NY? I was at the dealer for an oil change, and I decided to ask out of curiosity: $1400 I wasn't surprised.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bimmerluuvr' post='481381' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:51 AM
Another question on this subject, (maybe the most important, funny how I always seem to forget to ask) what are people paying on average to paint and install the m-tech excluding the trunk finisher here in NY? I was at the dealer for an oil change, and I decided to ask out of curiosity: $1400 I wasn't surprised.
Ask MK, I think that's why he took his car into Paul Patrone to have painted.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='481435' date='Oct 14 2007, 01:33 PM
Ask MK, I think that's why he took his car into Paul Patrone to have painted.
Oh, I went to get my M5 rear bumper painted there. I already have the Mtech front.

Since I'm painting the rear, I decided to paint the M5 trunk finisher, my trunk, my left fender (drivers side) and my hood. They were all banged up / scratched up and rusting. =(

But I've seen some sellers offer all 4 pieces, the front, side skirts and rear M-tech kit painted for 2k. You can always get the parts and go 2 a local shop and have them paint it and mount. It'll probably be cheaper there too.

Hopefully I get it back midweek. Darn I can't wait, i'm so anxious.

MK

Quick Reply: need a body shop