E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need Advice/Opinions/Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, as some of you may know already, I am getting a very obnoxious buzzing noise coming from my rear speakers when I turn on my headlights. So here are my questions:

1.) Is anyone else having this problem? Have you gotten it fixed and how?

2.) Does anyone know what could be causing this, besides just telling me that the electrical system/stereo system sucks? Is there some component on our cars that creates an abundance of interference that I might be able to put a filter on so that it does not interfere with the rear speakers?

3.) If in fact it is not some component, but perhaps just a horrible audio signal coming from the head unit, does anyone have a high-to-low converter that they are using where there is no buzzing present? Or do you know of something that might work? I've head of the JL CleanSweep, however I am not very thrilled about the idea of losing my factory volume controls.

Please let me know, this is so annoying.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Anyone? Any help at all would be nice.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 523i silver, black leather , sunroof , bluetooth , pdc , M sports kit , Steptronic gear box , active stearing , active cruise control

Hmm I dont have this problem in my E60 but in my E36 when ever i put foot a buzzing sund also happens and its got something to do with the settings of the raido
Old 08-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cliffysa' post='319844' date='Aug 7 2006, 10:44 AM
Hmm I dont have this problem in my E60 but in my E36 when ever i put foot a buzzing sund also happens and its got something to do with the settings of the raido
Yeah, my530i told me about the buzzing when I hit the brakes which I've started noticing as well. But this is a continuous buzzing whenever I turn on my headlights.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 523i silver, black leather , sunroof , bluetooth , pdc , M sports kit , Steptronic gear box , active stearing , active cruise control

have you had sound added to the car
Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cliffysa' post='319849' date='Aug 7 2006, 11:08 AM
have you had sound added to the car
Yeah I upgraded all the speakers, amps, and added subs in the trunk. Everything was working completely normal for over 6 months, and then all of a sudden I started getting a buzzing in my back speakers whenever I turned on my headlights. I've taken it to the dealer and the stereo shop multiple times but neither have been able to figure out what's wrong. I don't know if there is a specific piece of equipment that I could put a filter on to stop the interference or what?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

From my experience, speakers will buzz when they're not getting enough power, however, the stereo shop should know that and have checked for that. Not sure if there's a piece of equipment that would filter that out.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

I've got plenty of power running to my speakers, I don't think that's the problem. But thanks for the advice.