E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My New Shoes! Help me decide.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

It's all your fault guys! I finally caved and refinished my wheels because they had to much bling(chrome), BUT I think I may have gone overboard. I took my wheels over to JW Motorsports (member JWwindex) and had them powdercoat the face Matte Black and the lip gloss black leaving only the rivets chrome. When I first got em' I was in love! They were so different than what I was used to seeing. But now I'm having second thoughts. Are they too dark on a black car? Is it too "batmobile-ish"? I'm lovin the gloss black lip, but I'm thinking of maybe pc'ing the face again in a Matte gunmetal or titanium. What do you think?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

personally i think they look way better than before

i think it may be the wheel style that youre not liking too much?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Contributors

i really like them the way they are. i think it would look good in gunmetal but a change isnt needed at this point.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Members

Leave them! They're sick
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

For what it's worth, I think it looks great. I actually had mine refinished a little over a month ago too - Gloss Black lip & Matte Black face, although my car color is Titanium Silver.

Your car looks looks great man, don't second guess yourself.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Hello,

First off, I'm not the biggest fan of 2 tone wheels (Lip + Face diff colors) but I think it looks clean as it is. If anything I'd just refinish the face to match the gloss black lip. Or I would re-do the lip in some sort of polish or brush finish. Just my opinion. Either way, your e60 looks super aggressive , the way i like it!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
personally i think they look way better than before

i think it may be the wheel style that youre not liking too much?
I actually really like the style of the wheel (even though most people on this forum don't dig Asanti's), I'm jus concerned there's not enough contrast against a black car.

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
i really like them the way they are. i think it would look good in gunmetal but a change isnt needed at this point.
thx

Originally Posted by egzen75
Leave them! They're sick
Grazti1

Originally Posted by olskooldj
For what it's worth, I think it looks great. I actually had mine refinished a little over a month ago too - Gloss Black lip & Matte Black face, although my car color is Titanium Silver.

Your car looks looks great man, don't second guess yourself.
Thanks man. I tried to wait for you to post pix of your wheels but I couldn't wait any longer. So I just took the plunge!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Contributors

keep em homie, i like them and i love black wheels

If you lower your car more the wheels will look better, its funny how it works like that but it always does
Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

damnit i still dont know how to pm on this new setup, but IIRC i think I met you once at the cerritos meet. I was wondering if you could give me some information about this wheel shop. I need to get my wheels refinished cuz all the wheels are curbed.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
keep em homie, i like them and i love black wheels

If you lower your car more the wheels will look better, its funny how it works like that but it always does
+1 Soo True! For some reason the car looks sooo much higher now! My 13 year old (boy) keeps telling me that I need to "drop it like member MacFly and Alpinewhite. He told me that it looks like a 4x4!

Originally Posted by 03grey5
damnit i still dont know how to pm on this new setup, but IIRC i think I met you once at the cerritos meet. I was wondering if you could give me some information about this wheel shop. I need to get my wheels refinished cuz all the wheels are curbed.

Thanks!
Yes, bro. We did meet with Nerweezy once. Call Wayne @ JW Motorsports 562-866-1761. He'll take good care of you.

Quick Reply: My New Shoes! Help me decide.