E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My new mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='477752' date='Oct 3 2007, 11:28 PM
You know Anthony, I have a thought...

Since you are having your Asanti's redone over the winter, what about having the centers painted black instead of white? I think iceman 316's car is so hot and he too, has the black roof like you. It really compliments the car. If you go ahead with the M5 mirrors, they have the black inserts. The little touches of black, along with the wheels, plus the roof and the contrast against the white will look great.

I hope iceman doesn't mind, but I just love this picture...

Attachment 38319
"This is Hot"

PH
Old 10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='477755' date='Oct 4 2007, 12:31 AM
"This is Hot"

PH
FANTASTIC 5, AlpineWhite and my530i have similar looking cars as well. Alpine White is a sweet color. They just stand out from the rest, both stock and modified.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I know what you mean. I get lots of very positive comments on the color . It is very understated yet it also looks kind of showy..... as stated here before several times ".........white is the new black".....
Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='477763' date='Oct 4 2007, 12:42 AM
I know what you mean. I get lots of very positive comments on the color . It is very understated yet it also looks kind of showy..... as stated hear before several times ".........white is the new black".....
Ha! I totally forgot you have AW too! Too funny. Yep, it sure is the new black. I might be going to this next, after having 2 Jet Black Bimmers.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='477769' date='Oct 3 2007, 11:52 PM
Ha! I totally forgot you have AW too! Too funny. Yep, it sure is the new black. I might be going to this next, after having 2 Jet Black Bimmers.
If the friggin weather ever improves I'll get some pics up.

Go to bed man !!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='477777' date='Oct 4 2007, 01:00 AM
If the friggin weather ever improves I'll get some pics up.

Go to bed man !!
Can't. Waiting for clothes to dry, so I can pack. Going to Vegas tomorrow morning with the wife for a long weekend.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='477680' date='Oct 3 2007, 06:31 PM
Ouch, that black roof just does not go mate. It really stands out but in a bad way. Not like the new M3 with a sweet carbon fiber black roof that really compliments the design. If it is not too late go back to white and it is sweet.

With all those mods how did you not get the most basic and best lookin gmod for the car-shadow line trim? All that trouble for nice wheels (AWESOME wheels by the way) and did not spring for the sport package which essentially makes a bmw--a bmw.

It needs to lose the hideous black roof and get some shadowline and you will be money. Beautiful car otherwise though-great job!
Wow, 5 posts and your already hate'n on people.

I agree with Anthony517 and C's Bimmer, you need to take a look around the forum. Read some threads, see how people get along. We are a bit more civilized on this forum than others.

Haters don't last too long here.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Looks awesome.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 AM
Banned

Wow a hater? What is the point of feedback if it is not honest feedback which is never helpful is it? Our egos like positive comments forsure but true feedback needs to be objective and truthful. I said the car looks wonderful in general but the black roof stood out like a sore thumb and now I see why.

After seeing Iceman's car (hottest e60 I have seen-more so than any m5-although just not a fan of those mirrors!) however I realize now that iceman's black roof looks AMAZING because he TIED IT IN. The huge black wheels and mirrors with black despite me not liking the mirrors, it ties in the black roof so that the roof is not blatently sticking out. Also the black shadowline trim is another huge tie-in piece that basically adds a bit of black around all parts of the car so that the roof is not just "out-there" with no other black. I just think this car has the wrong wheels to go with a black roof. maybe with shadow-line it will look good.

Electrical tape on the exterior of a bimmer! come on dude!

Awesome car with tons of potential. Personally I would follow up with the shadowline and not sure if you have exhaust yet but some of those carbon black tipped exhausted might tie things in well since you do not have black wheels that would add a touch of black down below.

I am just one for a balanced look.. Oh I forgot to say even iceman's red calipers actually tie in with the black. Red and black classically go well together and the red with black wheels goes so well together that it makes black even more look like it belongs.

When you do something as drastic as paint the roof a different color-there has to be some tie in with the rest of the car is all I am saying.

Again BEAUTIFUL car man-was just trying to give a few objective things that you could fix instaed of just saying the same as everyoone else.

You ever have some crap on your face and nobody tells you all day until the end of the day someone honest tells you-dont you wish someone would have told you earlier in the day? Also maybe lay off the electrical tape
Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Contributors

LOL! This guy is starting to remind me of sleepyca31!

Quick Reply: My new mods