E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My M5-Lip Dilema. Hamann Ground Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
LOL, but have you noticed that NO ONE completed their comments by saying "and then we decided to raise the car back up." Not 1 Simon, not one.. I'm actually still going to put the lip on... LOL! just need to get it painted..one of these days..
LOL, yah, well, it's probably because the hardware is all in place already! Too lazy to uninstall! Yea, that's it... lol.

But really, I don't like feeling the ups and downs of the road, which is my bigger reasoning to say no to lowering, haha.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
LOL, yah, well, it's probably because the hardware is all in place already! Too lazy to uninstall! Yea, that's it... lol.

But really, I don't like feeling the ups and downs of the road, which is my bigger reasoning to say no to lowering, haha.
You never know Simon, hitting all the bumps and cracks on the road may keep you awake so you don't need to be watching your DVD while driving!! I'm calling you out!! ahh haha jk
Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by Howitzer
What if I installed Eibach Pro springs and sold my H&R Sport springs? I'd gain about .5" ride height, right?
actually measured from a non-sport the H&R sports measured at a drop of 1.4" front and 1.3" rear, and the eibach pro-kits would be 1.2" all around so it would only be a difference on average of about 0.2" and 0.1", not too much of a difference at all in height.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Carbon Black

Originally Posted by Cwest
I have the rep hamann M5 lip also till this past week when i rear ended someone,
So Cwest, I take it you don't have this lip for sale anymore?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
You never know Simon, hitting all the bumps and cracks on the road may keep you awake so you don't need to be watching your DVD while driving!! I'm calling you out!! ahh haha jk
I actually don't do that very much... but that might change once I install my new DVD/Divx player that takes SD cards and USB drives, lol.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Hey How-How, off topic dude...you car looks tight. lookin' good man!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Contributors

put it on and enjoy it. Even if you have to get it re painted every other year its worth it.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acornz
So Cwest, I take it you don't have this lip for sale anymore?
I still have the Authentic Hamann lip for sale, The rep M5 hamann splitter is destroyed. If still intrested in the authentic M-tech splitter PM me.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 - Silver Grey RPI Scoops RPI Block Off Plates BMC filters CF Delete KW V3 21" Interad DTM Headers Exhaust Radenergie Lip kit 40% Huperoptik Tint

Keep it on. I had H&R's and the lip and I would scrape occaisonally, but it would only scrape the very bottom of the lip so you couldnt see it.

Just watch yourself on the parking blocks, they will destroy your Hamann. I'm getting a camera installed in the front so I can see it
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

Originally Posted by Howitzer
I got an amazing offer I can't refuse on a Hamann front lip for the replica M5 bumper which included not having to buy it from Umnitza which also sealed the deal. Nevertheless, my problem is clearance. As you can see in the pictures below the M5 bumper sweeps back a bit and actually dips lower from front to back. In other words, the front fins are slightly higher than the back closest to the wheel. First pic shows a clearance of 6". Back by the wheel shows a clearance of 5.5".

What I want to know is just how thick the Hamann lip is and how much lower it is going to make the front? I'm assuming I won't be able to go over any sort of speed bumps again... If the lip adds 2" total or more, this might be pretty dangerous. My car is already pretty low with the H&R sport springs and no passengers in it!

But damn, it would look so much meaner with a lip!

How thick does this look to you? (P.S. - My car will look exactly like this in 2 weeks if I do it, mirrors and all!)
Attachment 137483
Love the look of the car in the pic, if urs is gonna be a twin id go for it! What kind of wheels are those,dpe,vmr? Thanks howitzer, now my combat pay will go as fast as i can make it!(ps, finding the internet in afghanistan is no simple matter)

Quick Reply: My M5-Lip Dilema. Hamann Ground Clearance